Sunday, January 14, 2018

Washington

On January 8th we had our year mark of playing with the idea of moving to Washington. I look back on that time with a lot of anxiety, sadness, heartbreak, fear, uncertainty, peace, hope, and faith. Its amazing how many emotions I felt. It was a very special time full of growth. 

On January 8th my mom and sister came down to our place in Orange County and we went to Disneyland. It was the last time to go before they took all their Christmas down. We met our friends, The Mansfield's, and had a great day! It was dark as we stood in line for It's A Small World when I got a call from Michael. He said something like "I just got an email from a recruiter at Amazon. I feel like I should email him back and pursue this opportunity." I jokingly reminded him that I was at Disneyland with my family and if he wanted to talk about moving away from California this probably wasn't the best time. As he told me this the spirt whispered to my heart that this was going to happen and I needed to be ready for some changes. As I type this all the same feelings come flooding back.  I was so sad but felt peace at the same time. 

A few weeks later Michael had an interview. We talked about every possible situation. We were so happy in California. I saw my family all the time. Michael loved working at Oakley! I loved our ward and especially the youth we were working with. I just started to make friends in the same season of life as me!!! I had been pray long and hard for this and it was finally happening! But, we were living in a 3 bedroom apartment and our neighbors below us probably hated us and I was getting tired of their yelling and fighting. Living on the second floor was really hard with three littles. It made me nervous leaving them in the car to bring them up one at a time or if they fell asleep and I had groceries it was a huge juggling act. The price of rent was going up to $3000 and we had look for other options but nothing was right. Amazon was an amazing opportunity.

We prayed a lot about what to do if the opportunity presented itself to us. As much as I resisted the same still small voice whispered to my heart that this was going to happen and I was given a heads up. I cried a lot. I made sure to go to Disneyland a little more and spent a lot of time with the kids at the beach. Michael's second interview went well and while we were on a trip to Mammoth when we set up his third interview in Washington. My heart broke a little more as I spent time at my happy place with family. 

The Sunday before Michael went for the big interview our young woman president was released. She bore her testimony to the girls and she said something that spoke to me. She told the girls that even though she was only president for a short time it was the exact piece to the puzzle. She had been prepared before receiving the call to be the president and she was prepared during and after. The next president was the exact piece needed for Heavenly Fathers plan as he continues to lay down pieces to this beautiful puzzle. The Holy Ghost once again told me that my piece was laid down and a new piece was about to be placed. After church I had a good cry and Michael sweetly drove me to my happy place as I told him all my feelings. He sweetly listened. We spent the evening watching the sun set on the beach as the kids ran around and played in the sand. My heart ached but I knew I was following Heavenly Fathers plan and I was in good hands.

Michael went to Washington to interview and things went really well. He came home and the next day they called with the offer. Although Michael didn't think it would be that easy to get the job because he had been told how hard the interviews are and how high their expectations were for their candidates. I wasn't surprised that he got the job because I had been told time and time again that this was something Heavenly Father thought would be best for our family. 

We sat in our closet making sure this was the right choice. Michael typed up a acceptance letter and asked me to click the summit key. I cried. I couldn't do it. I was happy where I was. I didn't want to leave. So I asked for a blessing to give me the strength. I don't remember what was said but I knew it would be ok even if it was hard. I accepted the job offer. 

It has been 9 months since we have moved here and it hasn't been easy but I know its where we are suppose to be. I have felt peace and I have faith. 

These pictures are from the field of flowers in front of the church our drive to the beach after church. I love these pictures. They mean the world to me. 


















No comments:

Post a Comment