Friday, January 12, 2018

December Part 3

After our fun day in Seattle on Saturday we got home and Ellanore had a little fever. We gave her some tylenol and put her to bed. The next morning she still had a fever so I stayed home from church with her. The fever had reached 101.2 and kept getting higher so I gave her more tylenol but other than the fever nothing was wrong, no cough, no runny nose, no diarrhea, nothing. She had been acting fine all day even though she was burning up. I put her down for an early nap and she slept until 3:45pm. When she woke up her fever was up to 103.2. She was waking up still so I laid her on the bed next to Michael while he closed his eyes and I jumped into the shower. We had already given her tylenol a few times over the last 24 hours so I was holding off a little before giving her more. This was dumb on my part because I knew a high fever wasn't good but I was also told that if a fever is going to spike it will do it any ways. I was in the shower washing my face when I heard Michael come in. I look at him holding Ellanore and she was ridged. I knew immediately what was going on and jumped out of the shower and took her from Michael. We laid her on her right side and took her jammies off. I had Michael get me cool wash cloths and tylenol. I prayed out loud that she would be ok and Heavenly Father would help her through this seizure. I must have missed most of the beginning because it didn't last long. Her body was stiff and she was twitching, her eyes were wide with a blank stair like no one was home and her lips were blue and her teeth were clenched. After the worst was over she laid on the bathroom floor shivering and limp. We called my parents who were out on a drive and told them to come home so we could take Ellanore to the ER. On the way to the hospital she was acting more like her self and talking to me but was still really tired.

The hospital wasn't too busy so they got us right in. The doctors were more concerned that there wasn't any symptoms other than the fever so they wanted to do a few tests. Baby has a ton of wax in her ears and I had known that from her check up a few weeks before but it was blocking the ear drum so they wanted to get it all out, they wanted to check for a UTI and influenza. Each test made her MAD!! They had to call in an extra male nurse to hold her legs down when they gave her a catheter. The test for the flu, UTI, and ear infection were all negative so we didn't have answers but that was fine with me. Everything was all better after she got a popsicle and headed back home. 

Once we were at home she was back to her usual self bossing everyone around to let her watch Let it Go. When we were putting her to bed I was sitting on the floor but I wasn't doing what she wanted so she grabbed me by the ear and around my neck and made me move to where she wanted me. She is a funny girl! Her fever hung around the next day too and we had another close call but we got it to come down quickly. Im so grateful that my family was around to help us out. Im also grateful that I knew what was going on. When Walter had his seizure I was a mess!!! It terrified me! I had anxiety for days after but since I knew what was going on I was able to handle the situation really level headed. Poor Michael was a mess!! He had anxiety for days after. We are all doing better now and I know Heavenly Father and all our angels were watching over us.




New Years day we went on a little adventure to see a waterfall and the Seattle Temple. I didn't get any pictures with my phone.

Olivia had to go to school on the 2nd and Ellanore was just getting over her fevers so my parents and siblings went to the cute little town called Leavenworth. Austin and I stayed home and put away all my Christmas decor and cleaned the house a little. He was super helpful! 

My awesome Grandma Hunt got the kids a Tsum Tsum advent calendar and they loved it! It was the first thing they did every morning and they were so good to share the toys with each other. They were excited for each other when the toy was something the other loved more.


Rachael and Jake headed home and the kids were super sad! They loved having them around. Oma, Opa, and Em still needed a ferry ride so we went to Kingston again for some yummy crepes! Then we went to show them the Troll under the bridge and the Ballard Locks. It was a VERY busy day but we ended with some yummy Ivars! 

The kids were in heaven for the 2 1/2 weeks we had family in town but they were also exhausted. So many late nights with lots of sweet treats and tons of attention made for a hard recovery but it was so worth it! They were spoiled with gifts, watching 'Let it Go' whenever Ellanore wanted on any ones phone, treats for days, getting held everywhere, and mostly with endless amounts of love. Im so grateful for my family and all the time we had together with them! We missed Dallin and Deanna so hopefully we will all be together soon.
My parents and sister left but my brother Austin is staying with us for 2 months!! It has been a week and we love it! He has been super helpful! The other night Michael realized we had 6 miles before our CRV hit 100000 miles so we put the kids to bed and went for a drive because Austin was there to be with the kids! It was great!!
December was packed full of things to do so we have enjoyed a lot of down time over the last week. Its been nice to calm down.
The rain has been in full force for the last  week and a half but that hasn't stopped Olivia from jumping on the trampoline! Surprisingly we have spent a lot of time after school out riding our scooters and jumping on the trampoline. I guess we are becoming use to our new Pacific Northwest way of living!

No comments:

Post a Comment