Happy New Year!!
I love this time of year! I love making goals to improve! I love goals that I can struggle with! This year my only goal is to be closer to my Savior, Jesus Christ. I am really excited about this goal. Because of this goal I am making some changes in my life. I spend a lot of time on social media and I don't want to any more. I often get caught up thinking about how I'm not enough or I'm not like that mom or that family. It has become addicting seeing what people post. If I'm frustrated, tired, lonely, or annoyed I noticed I would get on Instagram to distract myself. It was an unhealthy relationship. There is so much good on Instagram and its been hard to let it go. I LOVE sharing my testimony on my Instagram and I love sharing what my children are doing. I know a lot of my family sees videos and pictures that way and that was one of the reasons I didn't want to let it go. I loved seeing what my friends were up to and how they inspire me to be better. So much good! But for now spending time focusing on my babies is more important. I am hoping to blog more regularly to keep family updated with more pictures and news from our every day life. I may hop on Instagram every now and them to post and check in but that isn't a priority at the moment.
I read The Book of Mormon last year and it changed my life once again! This has been the fourth time I have completed reading it and it was so sacred. I know that The Book of Mormon is true! As I consistently read The Book of Mormon I felt closer to my Savior. I am so grateful that President Monson's final address was to teach us about the importance of that book. Im grateful for his testimony and I'm grateful for mine. I am planning on reading/studying it again this year.
Prayer is another gift I'm so grateful for. I am consistent with evening prayer but often in the morning I get up and go and prayer gets forgotten. I am going to work on making a better habit in the morning to connect with God.
As I stay off social media, read The Book of Mormon, and pray I know it will help be be closer to my Heavenly Father and my Savior. It will help me feel the spirit more so I can be a better wife, mother, friend, sister, and daughter. I know its not going to be easy but I'm looking forward to better relationships!
No comments:
Post a Comment