Friday, January 12, 2018

Thanksgiving

We had a great Thanksgiving! The day before the kids and I met Michael in Seattle to grab some crab legs and clam chowder at Pike Market. Five years ago we couldn't be with family on Thanksgiving and I was so sad. I decided to boycott a traditional Thanksgiving and have a seafood feast. It turned out to be a lot of fun so since we live in one of the greatest places to have seafood we took advantage! We have now spent Thanksgiving on our own 5 of our 8 years of marriage. I'm not as bitter about being away from family any more and I actually really enjoy preparing the whole meal. Other than our first Thanksgiving away form family we have always had friends join us and we didn't have any one to invite this year. A few days before Thanksgiving I asked a friend what her plans were and she told me she had to work until 4 (she is a nurse) and her parents were having an early dinner so they were just going to stay home and do something simple. It was and answer to my prayers!! I asked them to join us and we had so much fun! It all fell into place! Since they came over around 5 we were able to have our seafood feast for lunch and a wonderful Thanksgiving dinner with them! They are our game friend so naturally our evening ended with games and yummy dessert! It was perfect!





No comments:

Post a Comment