July wasn't nearly as crazy of a month for me and the kids, my energy has been wiped clean in these last few weeks of pregnancy. Michael on the other hand had a crazy month! He is on a softball team for work and plays every Tuesday night, he is playing ultimate frisbee, kickball, and volleyball for the Oakley pentathlon. Michael joined the Oakley golf league and plays almost every Wednesday then he heads to scouts every Wednesday night. He took a business trip to Alabama for a few days and then there are all of our little family outings. It's good for him and I love supporting him in all his activities but it has been extemely exhausting being a single pregnant mom of 2 at night.
Here is a picture recap of our month.
Walterboy has become very attached to me and this was the only way I could get dinner made for a week. I don't mind at all! He has me warped around his finger!
After we got our sugar high from the slurpees we headed to Balboa Island for a day at the beach. It has been at least 5 months since Olivia was knocked over by those big waves but she refuses to go to the "big" beach. Balboa is perfect for her. This trip had a rough start. Olivia had to pee right when we got to the beach and she refuses to go anywhere but a toilet so she whined and cried for an hour. Walt wanted to bring buckets of water from the ocean to his hole 20 feet away but the water was too heavy so he cried as he dragged the bucket up the little hill. Then all at once Olivia agreed to pee in a hole we dug and Walter lost control running down the little hill and ran face first into the water. I picked up our crying Walterboy and held on to Olivia as she cried and peed in the hole. Michael was there but the kids always want my attention at the same time. After we got that ordeal out of the way we enjoyed the next few hours playing in the sand and water.
Our trip to Balboa is never complete without a Balboa bar and frozen banana... I know! Didn't we get a slurpee before the beach?! Yes, yes we did.
Cow appreciation day happened while we were in Bakersfield. We were sad Michael couldn't join us for this tradition but we had fun with Oma. If I had known it was happening while we were in Bako I would have come prepared but I forgot so we improvised and made some new ears and spots. My mom borrowed my brothers cow costume and the kids thought it was the funniest thing! They kept touching the udders and Walt went in for a few sniffs!
I got crafty!! I am pretty sure my nesting phase is a need to craft and make more messes! I went through this phase before I had Walt and Olivia.
We had a really fun family home evening one Monday. We listened to some talks on temples as we drove to the Newport Beach Temple to have a picnic.
After our picnic we headed to the beach for a nice walk. I love being so close to the temple and having the beach down the street. It was a perfect evening. Olivia's hair gets more curly at the beach and I love it!
Olivia was very careful and made sure she stayed far from the water. We also love trying new beaches. This one was fun because of rocks in the ocean. Olivia said she saw Ariel swimming around!
I straightened Olivia's hair for the first time! It was so weird! She liked the feeling of it on her back and loved standing in front of the fan to let it blow around.
Everyone asks for a picture of her face but she wouldn't stand still long enough to get a good one. Her hair is so long!
Olivia has this new obsession with pointing out all the fire hydrants. On our way to Walmart she told me "look! A yellow fire hydrant! It's so pretty! I want to take a picture with one!" It made me laugh so we had to take a picture.
Rachael came home from school and my mom and dad went to girls camp so Austin and Rachael came down for a visit. We went swimming at our local pool and Olivia and Walter had a blast! They love all the attention since we haven't gotten out as much this past month.
We finally got Walter a forward facing car seat. All 3 car seats fit in the second row! We are totally ready for this baby now!
On Walt's first ride facing forward Olivia held his hand to help him feel more comfortable and now everywhere we go Walter asks to hold her hand. It makes my heart so happy! Also, if you notice Olivia's hand has a band aid on it. She got a tiny cut on it and she acted as if her hand was going to fall off. It was so funny and sweet!
This was the face Walter made the whole way to the spectrum to visit Auntie Kimmie and Uncle Scotty. He wasn't so sure about facing forward but he is getting use to it now.




























I love the pictures you post of Walter and Olivia in their car seats, your kids are seriously the sweetest! Can't wait to see you baby on the way! In other news, I may have a picture on my phone of two cokes next to eachother at a gas station that read Lauren and Michael and I had to take a picture because it reminded me of you, and then I just didn't know what to do with said picture, so haha- just know I was thinking about you! :)
ReplyDelete