Tuesday, April 22, 2014

2 years old

I can't believe our sweet Olivia has only been with us for 2 years. I really can't imagine what life was like without her. I think back on college and wonder what I did without her in my free time... Then I remember that I took long, wonderful naps. I would give up my naps for the rest of my life for her! Oh, wait, I did!! 

Speaking of no sleep that leads into the first topic of 2 year old life in our home. Olivia is now in a toddler bed. It's been hard. We put her down at 8, doing the same bedtime routine, then we put a gate up and she gets out of bed and plays till 10:30. She has never slept through the night but when she was in the crib we would ignore her or tell her to fall back to sleep and she would. Now she gets up and goes to the gate and cries for us. It's been a struggle and I haven't gotten much sleep the last 2 weeks between her and Walt. And naps... Gone for the most part.

We put the gate up in her room at night because Olivia learned how to open all the doors in our house and the sliding back door. I get scared easy and if I wake  up to a little face in my face at night I may have a heart attack so we put the gate up to her door at night. 

We went to Colorado a month ago and she was saying a lot of words. When we got back all those words turned into phrases! It's crazy how much her vocabulary changed over night. She can repeat most words we say, it's getting her to say them is the trick. I am always blown away by how smart she is.

She is so animated. The other night she was acting out the whole movie of frozen, yes, we are one of those families who watch it a few times a week and listen to the music all the time. It's just too cute watching her sing all the last words of the sentences. 

We talk a lot about going to the bathroom on the potty to help her get excited. She sits on the toilet and toots a lot then wants off and poops in her diaper a few minutes later. We are still working on the process. 

She loves Walt and gives him lots of kisses and loves when he lays on her or beside her. 

She gets so excited for things and it makes me so excited. She loves driving around and seeing all the horses and cows around. Every time we start a movie she gets so excited.

In Colorado I learned about personality typing and how it can help you with your children. It has made a big difference with understanding Olivia. I use to think she was ignoring me all the time but I learned that she is very focused. I have more patience with her and have learned in order to get her full attention I have to get close to her face. 

She is such a sweet heart. Now that she is in her big girl bed she loves when I lay down with her. She puts her hands on my face and puts her forehead to mine and looks into my eyes. Her big blue eyes melt my heart. She also like to put her arm around my neck and hug me tight. I also love when she puckers up her tiny lips and gives me lots of kisses.

She is the most polite little girl ever! She is always thanking me. I love hearing her sweet voice say "ank you". I also love when I sneeze and she says bless you.

She is all girl! She loves necklesses, shoes, and putting on clothes. When we check on her at night she sometimes has all her clothes pulled out and is trying them on.

She started playing pretend and it's really cute. We need need to get out more and she wants to but it's so cold outside or it's too windy or rainy. 

I love my little buddy! She brightens my says and is always so entertaining. She is always teaching me or reminding me to be better. I often forget that she is only 2 years old and I think she is an adult and my friend. Maybe I need to get out more and see other adults more. I love being her mommy. I am so blessed! 


I love all her facial expressions!
I can never get a still picture of them.. Unless they are watching a movie.
Olivia put on her own shoes and put them on the wrong feet. She becomes more helpful every day!
Always getting into clothes and trying them on!
Best friends! They are so cute together!
She shoved all her little people into her shirt and carried them around like this.
I love when they sit on my lap together. It never lasts for long but I enjoy it when it happens!
For a week I would get her in the morning and she would be naked.
When she gets embarrassed she does this face and pretends she is alone and no one is looking at her.
As Walt gets older she plays with him more.
Little diva!
I was laughing so hard when I saw her trying to drink from her sippy cup while it was still in her crib. She looks like a hampster. 
We have been trying to get creative to keep us entertained.
First time trying out her new bed.
She is so cute when we pray. If we have our eyes open she points at us and says "eyes eyes eyes" until we close them.



No comments:

Post a Comment