Sunday, October 13, 2013

We can't catch a break

It has been a long 2 months in the Woolley home. 

About 2 months ago Olivia threw up for the first time and after 2 and 1/2 weeks of throwing up more than 10 times it finally ended. But that was when the diahrea set in and lasted about a week and a half.

During that time I had the stomach bug for the day.

A week of a healthy happy family made us think we were done with being sick for a while and we were thrilled with that thought since Olivia hadn't slept through the night in over 4 weeks.

Then on a cold Sunday morning Olivia woke up with a runny nose and that night it turned into croup. We made it till Friday and that's when the fever hit. No one slept that night and Olivia was really uncomfortable. The fever continued to Saturday and on Sunday morning she was covered in a horrible rash. I took her in Monday afternoon and found out she had the Hand, Foot, and Mouth virus. The doctors told me very little about the virus and thanks to some friends I found out that it was quite contagious. We didn't leave the house much and saw very few people for the next week.

The following Tuesday Michael came home from work early for lunch feeling extremely exhausted and warm so he took a nap. After finishing out the rest of the day at work he came home with a really high fever that lasted 2 days. Now guess what happened!! He broke out in a rash on his hands and feet and mouth!!! Poor guy! It hit him worse than Olivia.

Well, a weeks goes by and we are back to our usual selves dispite Olivia's lingering cough and runny nose... that was until Friday night. The day seemed ordinary and we were planning our Friday night. Should we go out to dinner or stay in? We decided to stay in and eat some left over bacon. Around 11:30 that night it hit. I threw up first then it was Michael's turn and the rest of the night we took turns. Saturday we laid in bed and let Olivia watch all her favorite shows while we tried to recover from our sleepless night. 

That brings us to today. We feel great! We are a little weak but feeling close to ourselves again and thankful that it is now behind us. I have vowed never to eat bacon again and Michael agrees for at least the next few months or until we forget that awful night. We got into bed tonight and I turned to Michael and said how grateful I am that we are all feeling well and how Olivia didn't get it... And that's when we hear her make a familiar sound. We look at each other and I quickly dash to her room to see, what I prayed in that two seconds it takes to get to her room, I wouldn't see. Throw up all over...

Well I'm not sure when we will catch a brake but I hope it is soon. If you ever need someone to pray for we are grateful for any prayer we can get... Our own prayers can only carry us so far.


I know there are people with harder trials than this and I am so very grateful that we have been able to handle our situation. After reading my post a few times I realized this post sounded like it was just a huge complaint... And it is, so I want to say that I know we made it through our trials because of a Heavenly Father who loves us and hates seeing us in pain just as much as it hurts me to see Olivia suffering. I'm grateful for my ever growing relationship with Him. 

No comments:

Post a Comment