On Tuesday we got a fun package from my mom! I love getting packages and this one came at a perfect time. I had no idea what to do for Olivia's Halloween costume and there was a cute Rapunzel costume. There was also lots of fun Halloween treats and decorations.
Olivia won't leave anything in her hair or on her head for more than 10 seconds unless you are really sneaky but she left the crown that came with the costume on the entire time we went trick-or-treating at Michael's work and tonight. I was hoping this was a new thing but I tired to get her to wear a beanie today and she refused to keep it on or even let me try to get it on her little head.
We went to Michael's work to trick-or-treat and Olivia was really into grabbing huge handfuls of candy and putting it into her bag. She was so cute walking around. She looked so grown up.
About 2 hours before dinner I decided to invite our friend over for my families traditional Halloween dinner. I really miss being home on holidays so I try to bring some of our old traditions into our home. We always had a 7 layer dip, meatballs, and south of the border soup with Fritos. We had tons of leftovers and will be having Halloween dinner for lunch and dinner for the next few days but it was worth it. I also got a little crafty on the dip this year.
We took Olivia trick-or-treating tonight but only to a few houses in our neighborhood. Olivia started to get sick yesterday and was up ALL night so we didn't want to get her wet and cold walking around and make her cold get worse. Poor girl can't catch a break with getting sick. She did love walking around outside with mom and dad.
Michael and I were expecting our door to stay open all night and getting rid of tons of candy but we didn't have very many kids come. Our little neighborhood has tons of kids and I wonder where they all were? Michael and I reminisced of our trick-or-treating days. We remember lines leading up to doors and being out late and our candy bags bring filled to the top. Halloween doesn't seem the same now that I'm a mom. Idaho does Halloween different too.
It was a fun night and now tomorrow is November! We are having a baby next month!! I hope everyone had a great Halloween!! Happy Halloween!!







No comments:
Post a Comment