Friday, February 2, 2018

Lots of little changes this week

I love blogging because it gives me a chance to look back on all the good that happened during the week. It is really hard some times to see all the good when life is filled with tantrums and fevers  and coughs and cleaning and meal times and everything else life throws at you. 

This is a sensitive subject at our house at the moment but it is also real life and also important to me so I am going to share. The last year has been hard with school. Olivia was so excited to start but she quickly "fell behind". It scared me! I didn't want her to be behind or feel embarrassed of her skills. I struggled in school and was teased about it. I didn't want that to happen to Olivia. I have cried a lot about the situation and felt like I was failing her. Lately the situation has turned around. This last week after I got Ellanore and Walter to bed I have spent some time with Olivia working on reading and numbers. She is such a smart girl! I see her learning and improving. Its been a lot of fun spending one on one time with her. Im so blessed to be her mommy. She has such a positive outlook on life. I know that she has so many fears and worries but her heart is so pure and sweet. 
 This cute boy had a fever for 4 days!! By day 3 he looked so miserable but he kept his cute spirits up. Everyone had really bad coughs and runny noses which led to early bed times and lots of tossing and turning. On top of that Michael has been swamped with work so he went a few days this week without seeing this kids. I gave Walter a hair cut and he immediately turned into a young man! He has been loving throwing balls around the house lately and he always gets creative!

 The day finally arrived for Austin to pick up his puppy!! Its been a big adjustment but he sure is cute!! Austin has been doing great training him and teaching him tricks. Beau is a little nippy which has been hard. Ellanore and Walt have warmed up to him and know to act like trees if they don't want Beau's attention. Olivia is at school all day and takes longer to warm up to things like this so she is still struggling. She was really afraid of the dog then one day came down stairs and decided she was his friend and ok with the situation. That lasted for a few days and she decided she is afraid again and really struggling. We are working on encouraging her to be brave and acknowledge that she is afraid and its ok.
 Ellanore has no fear! Olivia and Walt use her to do their dirty work when it comes to things they are afraid of haha like running to the other side of the room to get the dogs attention and chase them. She will do anything to make her brother and sister laugh.
 All this rain has really made Olivia's hair super curly! I love it!!
 I love this cute girl! Her love language is attention. When I give her my undivided attention and listen to her chat away she is always a happy girl!

 After taking Olivia to the bus one morning Ellanore excitedly exclaimed "YOOK!! AIREL!!!" as she pretended her legs were her mermaid tail! I love everything that is going on in her little mind! Some other funny things she does lately, she is obsessed with licking my face! I don't know were she got it from? She likes to pretend she is a puppy so maybe thats why? But randomly throughout the day I will get a tongue to the eyeball haha. She prances around everywhere she goes. OBSESSED with Anna and Let It Go. She loves sitting in the chair in her room and reading lots of books.
 Olivia has 2 loose teeth!! I randomly ask her if she has loose teeth and this time she let me check and sure enough her bottom front two teeth are loose! She was so excited and a little nervous. She has told everyone about her teeth! Now we wait!
 I really, really, really want to make one last trip to Disneyland before my pass expires this month but it isn't looking too good so I dressed the kids up in their Disney best to add a little Disney magic to our day. Walt actually wears this shirt every other day as you can see its the only shirt he is wearing in all the pictures this week haha... I was really on top of my laundry game this week but not the folding part...

 Walt's obsession at the moment is Mario Kart. He asks to play it every day and he is getting really good. Baby on the other had usually exits out of the game so she just gets the pretend controller for now. She was happy to keep her sick brother company and pretend to play with him. It usually buys me enough time to take a shower so its a win for everyone!
 Walt still loves doing puzzles but we have realized its a little more difficult with a dog in the house.
 Baby wanted to dress up as a ballerina fairy and it was too cute to say no to! We had a little dance party listening to Swan Lake. Olivia showed us all her beautiful moved and Ellanore galloped around the house haha.
 I turned around in the car to find a sock shoved in Ellanore's mouth! She has me laughing all day!


In November I entered a giveaway for a free photography session and I won!! We had our pictures taken on Saturday.  Even though it was cold and raining I think they turned out really cute! She was very talented! After pictures we got pizza and headed to IKEA.

 We have been on the hunt for a new kitchen table for a long time. I never thought I would get it at IKEA but they ended up having exactly what we were looking for. We were both really picky and opinionated with what we wanted so this table was what we both had in mind. IKEA is never a good idea on a Saturday but it was the only day we have together. There was NO WAY I would  have been able to lift that table on my own so Saturday with thousands of other people was the only way we could do it. The kids always love going to IKEA as long as they get an ice cream cone so they were happy shoppers.
It was a tight squeeze getting the table in the car but we made it work with a little bit of musical chairs. The kids all sat in new seats and we had to scoot the driver seat up so Michael couldn't fit. I NEVER drive Michael around so it was weird driving home but it made for a good memory.

 The kids had a lot of fun playing with the boxes. Michael is a great leader in imagination games so they were singers, horseback riders, baseball players, and sward fighters all night. We did have one little accident when I couldn't flit the table over after putting it together and Ellanore's hand got stuck under the table when we set it back down. We quickly got it out and she was fine but the table was really heavy so it probably hurt a lot. Ellanore is defiantly our accident prone child. She likes to keep us on our toes!
I LOVE my new table! It was the perfect Christmas present from my Grandma. We were hoping to get it before my family all came for Christmas but we couldn't find the perfect one yet. We had friends over for dinner and didn't have to pull out out folding chair and table! All 11 of us fit around it and it was perfect! Im still looking for new chairs so hopefully I can find something soon, then we will be ready to host my family next Christmas!


 This picture Walter drew of himself made me laugh. He drew al his fingers and toes but he kinda looks like an elephant. I love this phase of drawing where they start adding more details.
 Its February and I'm finally transferring all my birthdays over to my 2018 calendar. It was hard going through February and seeing everything that was going on last year. I know I have said this but moving away from California has been hard, especially this week. The gloomy rain and no sun is really getting heavy on my California soul. I want to be on the warm beach with my babies instead of watching it rain. February 20th marks our 1 year anniversary of accepting this new life and our 1 year mark living in Washington is up coming fast!

 Im trying to find ways to style Ellanore's fluffy blonde hair. Its finally long enough to get piggy tails!


It was a really demanding week but so many beautiful moments sprinkled all around. 





No comments:

Post a Comment