Wednesday, January 11, 2017

Christmas 2016

This Christmas was wonderful! It was full of adventures and excitement. On Christmas Eve we drove to my Uncle Eric's house and spent some time with my Mom's brothers family for a little. It was fun catching up with them. Its been a while since we have seen them. After that we drove down the street to my Grandma Hunts house for our annual Christmas Eve party. It was so fun visiting with family and just like last year it blew my mind that I am an adult now and MY babies are now playing Mary and the Shepard in the Nativity program! Olivia was very serious about her role as Mary. She wanted it to be perfect which is true to her sweet nature! Walt was adorable as usual!



 We ended the night with lots of fun presents from Grandma Hunt!
 Olivia got an American Girl Doll! I don't know who was more excited!! Ok, it was me! When we opened her up Olivia kept telling me it was her doll! haha I kept playing with her hair and changing her outfit!
 Patty and her cute bump! Yay for Baby Boy Rodel!
 After an Oakley "store", provided by Michael and all the Oakley stuff we have collected the last 2 years that was taking up our closet, we packed up the toys and got back in the car to head to my Mom and Dad's house. We got half way home and realized that the traffic we were about to hit was due to a road closure on the Grapevine because of ice and snow! We didn't know if it would open soon  and the alternative route would get us home at 2am so we turned around and went back to my Grandma's house to spend the night!! I was in heaven!!!! Growing up my cousins would always spend Christmas Eve at my Grandmas house and I always wished we could too! This was such a blessing! Im so glad we got to wake up and spend the day with my Grandma! This is definitely a memory that I will cherish for the rest of my life!

 Santa wrote Olivia and Walt a note explaining that he left their presents at Oma and Opa's house but he brought our stockings to us and filled them with treats. We left some cookies out for him when we got back to Grandmas house and Santa took a bite!
 Isn't my Grandmas living room a magical Christmas sight!!!?
 We had a delicious Christmas breakfast and took our time chatting. We decided to join my Grandma for church since we already missed my parents ward. It was a beautiful sacrament meeting and I felt the spirit so strong. I am so grateful for my Savior! I love the quote "There would be no Christmas if there had not been Easter. The babe Jesus of Bethlehem would be but another baby without the redeeming Christ of Gethsemane and Calvary, and the triumphant fact of the Resurrection." -Gordon B. Hinckley
 We got back and were so blessed with so many gifts! Olivia and Walter got the gifts they asked from Santa. Olivia got a pink scooter and Walter got his blue bike! They were so excited! I got a GoPro! and FAITH HILL AND TIM MCGRAW tickets!!!!! Only bummer part is that the concert isn't until SEPTEMBER30!!!!!!! I'm so beyond excited! My first concert was a Faith Hill concert when I was in 6th grade and Faith Hill has been in my top 5 favorite since I was 10 and I love Tim McGraw! 
'



 My favorite gift was spending time with my family! I love them so much and I am so grateful for the birth of my Savior. Because of His birth and the Atonement I get to spend eternity with my family!!! 




1 comment:

  1. Your grandma's living room is SO magical! What a sweet and special Christmas!

    ReplyDelete