Olivia starts pre-school in less than a week and yesterday we went to an open house for the pre-school. We woke up and I quickly picked up the house and kept telling Olivia she needed to get dressed so we could go to her school but she kept telling me she didn't want to go. She started to put up a fight about it so I let it go and continued to quickly get the house in order for my friend to come over and watch Ellanore and Walter. I fed the kids breakfast and my friend arrived at my house. She asked Olivia if she was excited and Olivia really thought about it then finally put her clothes on and took a bite of her eggs.
We got to the car and Olivia kept telling me how she didn't want to go. So I told her I had an idea. I got into the car and asked her if she wanted to say a prayer. She said yes and proceeded to give the sweetest heartfelt prayer she has ever given. She asked Heavenly Father that she wouldn't be scared and she would be brave and that we would drive there safely and that she would see her friends. It made me so happy to hear her prayer and it made me even happier to know that she knows that she can pray and receive comfort. After her prayer I promised to tell her a story about how I was nervous when I was a little girl and how prayer helped me. So I told her about how I was always so nervous to dance in front of people but when I said a prayer I was able to have fun and not be as scared.
When got to pre-school she saw her good friend Emily walking up to the house and she got so excited. From then on she was ready! We went inside and she immediately found the Elsa costume then Emily, Taylor and Olivia were transported to their own little world for the next hour. This year is going to be amazing for Olivia. She is going to grow so much! Im so excited to watch her learn! Im a little sad to be losing my time with her but a bigger part of me is so ready for this. We both need this desperately!
I'm right there with you! 4 year olds are hard. I'm definitely ready for J to start preschool in 2 weeks!
ReplyDeletePreschool is great and so fun! So glad the prayer could comfort her so she could go enjoy it.
ReplyDelete