WE DID IT!!!
Olivia and Walter have been Bink free for 3 months! Binks were about to put me in an insane asylum!! If I heard Olivia cry/whine for her Bink one more time I was going to go crazy! On the other hand I was so scared to get rid of them because they only went to sleep when they had their Binks and they cried during the day for them. I was so scared!
We decided that it was time! Olivia had been 4 for a month and that is way too old for a Bink! And it had totally messed up her teeth! I didn't want Walter's teeth to get messed up too. We had a family council on Sunday night and told that that we were going to cut their Binks in 6 days. We made a paper chain and they ripped off a chain each day. On Saturday we celebrated by cutting their Binks, going to get donuts, and going to the beach.
That night they missed their Binks but we talked about it and they went to bed so easy because they were exhausted from a busy day. The next day was easy too! A week went by and we talked about it every day but it was good, we talked about how brave and strong they were and how great they were doing! We still talk about Binks when we see them at the store but other than that they have totally forgotten about them! Im so glad they are gone and I'm so glad it wasn't an awful experience!
Last week we went swimming and some baby had forgotten her Bink at the pool and Walt saw it! He stared at for a long time then I told him to leave it alone. A little while later I saw him staring at it again then I watched him slowly grab it and try to put it in his mouth! I ran across the kiddy pool and took it from him right before he put it in his mouth! It was so funny!
In the last 3 months Olivia's teeth have shifted and look so much better!
YAY for no more BINKS!!!!
Now I have to deal with Ellanore sucking her thumb!
No comments:
Post a Comment