Friday, October 23, 2015

Woolleys come to visit

The Woolleys came to California to visit! We had a blast with them! My mother-in-law and sister-in-laws Leah and Rachel flew in for Ellanore's blessing weekend. The last time we saw them was last October!!! It's crazy to think that we hadn't seen them for a whole year!! Thank goodness for FaceTime, phone calls and lots of texting!

Leah flew in on Wednesday and we went straight to the beach! Olivia is still nervousness about the ocean but after she warmed up to Leah she had a blast playing in the water with her!

I love this picture she drew of Michael! She was so excited that it looked just like daddy! Haha!
This is her self portrait! I love how she always adds curly hair to her drawings!
We didn't plan on playing in the water but they were having so much fun I didn't want to stop them!
Walt is my no fear kid! He was loving being out and about!
I was so proud of Olivia for being so brave when I know she was so nervous before. Once she decided that she wasn't scared and wanted to have fun she was sitting in the water letting the waves roll over her and letting her feet sink in and running away from the waves. She reminds me so much of myself. I love my sweet girl!
I didn't bring any extra clothes so Olivia wore a diaper home and she thought it was so funny!!
On Thursday Marcia and Rachel flew in and after we picked them up we went back to our apartment to settle in then headed to lunch with Michael then to Disneyland. It was a mad house at Disneyland! After talking to my friend a week later she told me that the park had reached 95% capacity!! It was "fall break" for Utah, Arizona, and Colorado and maybe other places I don't know about. It was crazy and so stressful. By far my worst Disneyland experience. I was really sad because I am always telling my family how much fun we have at Disneyland and this time we couldn't move because there were so many people at the park. My good friend hooked us up with some free tickets so luckly my family didn't have to pay 400 bucks to go.

When we were in line for tea cups and Celine Dion was in the cups before us! That was fun seeing her! The other famous person I have seen at Disneyland was Johnny Depp and he was disguised! That is Celine clapping her hands in the picture below!
 Michael took work off the next day and us girls went shopping at downtown disney, went to dinner, then shopping at our mall.

On Saturday we went shopping at Oakley then to the beach! Olivia was at it again! She had a blast playing with auntie Rachel in the water and Walt loved holding onto grandma! Ellanore put her toes in the sand for the first time!
Sunday was the blessing day and it was beautiful! We were sad to have grandma and auntie Rachel leave.
On Monday we had Leah for one more day and I was determined to show her a great time at Disneyland and that is exactly what we did! We saw a ton of characters and road a few rides! We had a blast! 


We are sad to live so far away from Michael's family but are grateful we get to have such great memories with them! The kids were in heaven having everyone with us! Walter was in love with Auntie Leah he only wanted her!

Thanks for coming! We love you!!



1 comment:

  1. Seriously, Lauren- your kids are my favorite! I love Olivia's sand drawings, (the curly hair, haha, so cute) and I love the diaper picture- they are just so cute and funny and sweet. I could literally go through every picture- but the summation is that I love when you post and I love watching your kids grow up! You are such a wonderful mom, thanks for sharing your experiences on here! :)

    ReplyDelete