For our wedding my moms friend gave us her old kitchen table. It is a good solid table but needed a new paint job. So, four years ago we stripped the black paint off as much as we could then never finished it. Four years later I was tired of washing 5 table cloths a week so I bought some paint and got to work.
It took all day to sand off all the remaining black pain and by the time I finished sanding it was 11pm. I wanted to get the project done and the table in my house so I started painting and finished around 1. Well, the next morning I went to see how it turned out and wanted to cry! The black sponge brush left black dots in the white paint and the clear coat I put on top was brown from the dust from sanding. It looked aweful. So two weeks later I started sanding again. This time I asked for advice and was patient. I sanded then painted then sanded then painted then sanded and painted again and again. After 3 days of sanding and painting the table was done and back in the kitchen and I love it so much! Now we need new chairs! It was a big project but worth the effort.





Oh my goodness! I remember you starting this project when we were neighbors! It looks great! Good job!!
ReplyDeleteIt looks great! Way to go!
ReplyDelete