We had a great Fourth of July. Michael went golfing at 7 and has been enjoying golfing a lot this summer. We had a yummy skillet breakfast and enjoyed our lazy morning. When Michael got home we put Walt down for a nap and Olivia, Michael and I played outside. We did the slip n' slide, played in the tiny blow up pool and listened to American music. After our fun time outside we had lunch, took naps and got ready for the melaleuca firework show.
This year we paid to go to the melaleuca show. When we were first married and while we were single we would go to the show and sit by the river on the other side where all the street vendors are and the temple is. So last year we went to the actual melaleuca show. You pay for a nice table in the shade, a yummy dinner, you are up close and personal with the fireworks, the Idaho Falls symphony is playing while we wait, and a parking space. You don't have to get there till 7 which is better than walking around the green belt all day to find a spot and you are relaxed and can enjoy the night a lot better. We love spending the fourth this way.
Olivia wasn't a fan of the fireworks this year. At the huntsman show last Saturday she hid her face under her blanket and would occasionally look up to see what was going on. On the fourth she did the same thing then fell asleep half way through the show. Walt slept through it too. It was a great show and Michael and I both enjoyed it!
I love the fourth and the opportunity it gives me to remember my freedoms. I am truly grateful for what that means. I need to remember it more often.
Happy Fourth of July!!






No comments:
Post a Comment