I was having an exhausting day. Michael didn't come home for lunch, Olivia was tired of watching movies and kept getting into things and 5 o'clock rolled around and I had no idea what to make for dinner. I was overwhelmed. I hate cooking, I'm not good at it and I hate planning meals and shopping. So, naturally, we had no food. The last time out pantry was stocked was when my mom was here to help and that was more than a month ago. When 4:30 hits Olivia is ready for dinner and gets super cranky when I don't have something to feed her. Michael had called to tell me he was going to be late again... Another trial in our lives... And that was as much as I could handle. I put Olivia in her high chair while she was still crying and ran to my room crying. I fell to my knees praying to my Heavenly Father to help me, help me know what to make for dinner, help me to make Olivia happy, help me to be patient... Something that has been slipping away along with my sleep. I looked up and saw the big bright full moon with pink clouds reflecting the sunset. I had a quick thought to remember to show Olivia the moon. I finished my prayer, got to my feet, dried my eyes and walked into the kitchen. I got Olivia out of her seat and with an excited voice told her to look at the moon. She was in awe too. For the next 45 minutes she held my neck tight and walked with me from window to window looking at different angles of the moon. Michael came home and took us to dinner. The following week I made a meal plan and for the last 4 weeks I have stuck to my plan and made a new meal every night. Alright, I'm not perfect and have missed a few nights but I have always had something to feed our family... Even if it was chicken nuggets or puffy pancakes.
My heart is so full of gratitude right now for a loving Heavenly Father. In a humbling moment I turned to Him and he answered my prayer and not just for that night but for the last 4 weeks he has continued to answer it and bless me.
I see the moon differently now and I'm grateful for its constant reminder that He is there even when I can't see the moon.
Thank you for sharing, made my day and it is so nice to hear God's presence in others' lives- it helps me see it in my own.
ReplyDeleteLove that story!! It's nice to know that I'm not the only one who struggles with meals and just wanting to throw in the towel. You're such a good example to me, Lauren!
ReplyDelete