His face is finally clearing up. At his two month appointment the doctor warned me to be careful with sented lotions and soaps, not just on him but me too. Any time I showered and put lotion on, his face would turn really red an bumpy. It's finally getting better now. He isn't so flakey anymore either. He finally has perfect baby skin on his face.
This kid is growing up way too fast!! He sits up like a champ in his bumbo and on my lap. He has great strength in his neck. He is starting to lift his head when he lays on his back. He also holds on to my fingers and helps as I pull him into a sitting position.
He giggled for the first time this week. I was tickling his tummy and the sweetest sound came out. He seriously is the happiest baby. He is so easy going. He cries if he is hungry or if he wants to be held. He really likes to be held all the time and I'm grateful for slings so I can strap him to me and get things done.
He sleeps great. I'm not holding my breath though. Olivia slept great till 4 months then she was up every 2 hours. For now he sleeps from 12-5 then to 8. And every night it gets better. Last night it was from 10:30-6:30!
Speaking of last night, I have been really struggling with sleep lately. I get anxiety when I'm trying to fall asleep and as soon as I drift off I wake up because I stop breathing. It's scary and usually keeps me up till 3 in the morning. The night before last I was up till 3am and just as I fell asleep Olivia woke up and needed some help going back to sleep. When I finally drifted off Walter woke up wanting to eat. I fell asleep around 4am and Walt was back up at 6 then everyone was up at 7. It was a hard day. Not getting good sleep for 3 months is hard and adding that night did me in. I prayed all morning for help. A sleep deprived mommy and a 2 year old who is into everything and doesn't listen is not a good combination. I wanted an answer to my prayer, I wanted sleep. I cried as I cleaned the kitchen for activity days (the calling I hold at church. Ten 10-11 year old girls come to my house to do activities.) and stopped Olivia from making more messes. I knew Heavenly Father was blessing me but I couldn't see it. I wanted results that I could see. I wanted my mom to knock on my door, pick up crying Walter, lock me in my room and clean my messy house and play with my babies. Days like that make me hate living in Idaho. At lunch time, when I didn't think I could put up with much more before I passed out from exhaustion, Michael walked through the door, hugged me, picked me up and put me in bed and shut the door. Olivia started knocking on the door so I got up to give her a hug and a kiss when she pulled me I to the kitchen. I suddenly had a boost of energy and cleaned the kitchen and living room and got to take a short nap. Even if Michael sits in the corner and doesn't say a word I can do ANYTHING with him there!!!!!!! He is my rock!!! I don't know what I would do without him. The rest of the day was a happy day. I got in bed and fell asleep without a problem. Walter slept 8 hours plus 2!! I see now that after the trial of my faith Heavenly Father blessed me in more ways than one. Today I felt great, still tired but that part of my job. I got a lot done and felt happy. I am so blessed!!
Back to Walter, I love this little man! I'm so blessed to be his mommy!












No comments:
Post a Comment