For example: Walter smelt really bad the other day and needed a bath. (Lesson 1: only bathe Walt when Olivia is asleep or Michael is home!) I got everything ready for his bath, gave Olivia my phone with a movie on it and locked us in the bathroom. It was going really well and I was going really fast. Then everything seemed to happen at once! Olivia started playing in the water, splashing and throwing her bink in and whining till I got it for her, then she thew my phone in the tub! I hurried and took it apart and set it on the counter. Then she got into the top drawer and started throwing everything in the tub in. She kept trying to get in the tub after I put everything out of reach. I hurried and finished Walt's bath and as I was getting him dressed she grabbed the plunger and was playing with it. I was exausted.
She has been trying to test our limits lately which has led to a lot of timeouts. For timeout I find corner and sit her in it and ask her to fold her arms. I then explain why she is there and ask her to look at me when I talk to her. Let me tell you, it is impossible to punish her. She looks at me with her big blue eyes, tilts her head and raises her eyebrows and says something cute in that sweet voice she has or she tries to hug me, pet my face, or give me kisses. I then I have to use all my strength to not laugh, smile, or sweep her into my arms and kiss her all over!
She talks so much lately and copies everything I say. I don't think I could even make a list because there are new words every day. One word we get a kick out of is water. She use to ask for her "wa" but the word turned into "wong" and that turned into "bong". So any type of drink is now a bong! Haha. We are working on fixing that word.
She loves princesses! She loves singing little mermaid and frozen and has a picture of princesses on her bedroom wall and always wants me to hold her and sing the song the princess sings as she points to them. She has the little people princess castle and could play with it all day. She also likes her Rapunzel Barbie and her new valentine Kelly Barbie. Olivia LOVES shoes! Grandma got her Cinderella play shoes and she walks around the house in them all day long. And whenever I forget to shut my closet/bathroom door she gets into my nail polish and shoes.
Olivia still loves to sing, dance, and cook all the time. She loves watching movies on my phone more than anything. It's a horrible habit. I never wanted to let her have my phone and watch movies all day but when I'm so exausted it's the only thing I can think of to do. I can't wait for summer when the zoo opens again, we can go on walks every morning, play with our little group of friends, and just get back to our wonderful summer routine. I love winter and it's fun to look at the snow but once February rolls around then I get a little antsy for summer! We are sick of being cooped up inside and hiding from sickness.
From October to December, Olivia was getting sick every week. When Walt was born she stopped going to nursery and didn't get sick for 2 months!! It was great! Last Sunday she went back to nursery and got sick on Tuesday then I got sick and Walter did too. It's been a hard week. We may keep hiding from germs for a month or two longer.
Next month on March 18 Olivia's Uncle Daniel is coming home from his 2 year mission in Mexico. Daniel left exactly a month before Olivia was born so we are driving to Colorado to welcome him home and so Olivia and Walter can meet him!! I am so excited for this family reunion! Everyone will be together on Michael's side of the family. Daniel had 2 nieces and 1 nephew born while he has been gone. It's going to be so exciting!
Olivia has finally gotten molars!! This is big! It means she can try to chew her food instead of swallowing it whole! It takes forever for her to get her teeth in and we still have 8 more to go! Ugh!
Olivia just learned how to climb on the couch and chairs last month so we have had to tell her to get down a lot lately!
I love Olivia more and more each day! I am so so so blessed to be her mommy!!
I stuck the Velcro sides of the fruit to her diaper...
We gave her a bite of brownie and she wanted it to last forever so she held it in her mouth till she sneezed!!
She is getting a tall! She can grab anything on the table and off the counters... This was at our Super Bowl party. She grabbed the last half of the rice Krispy treats and stood there eating it till we noticed and of course started taking pictures, then she noticed us and said cheese for the camera. Silly girl!
Olivia's little boyfriend Hayden had a little brother a few weeks ago so he come over for a lunch date!
This is so typical Olivia! She still has an obsession with putting a sock on her right hand and walking around in my shoes. I love everything she does!


















No comments:
Post a Comment