Tuesday, May 29, 2012

It's going to be a cool summer!

After last years extremely hot summer we finally got our AC fixed! 
In November 2010 we were driving to California late at night and we were both sick. I passed a cup of water to Michael but he didn't have a good grip on the cup and I let go. The cup fell and the water went flying all over the dashboard. Well, we didn't realize that the water short circuited the air conditioner until we tried to use it in June the next year.
During this time without air conditioning we went on a few hot adventures! Rachael and I drove from Idaho to California in 107 degree weather! It was a long and hot sweaty journey. I drove my cute grandma and grandpa through Utah traffic (it was probably around 100 degrees). I drove multiple times to Utah and back. Michael and I drove to Colorado and back while I went through my one week of morning sickness when I was pregnant. It was a long summer.
Now that we have a sweet little baby to take care of we decided that we couldn't make her suffer through the heat as we drive to California in 2 weeks. So, we got the AC fixed today!! I didn't realize how much this would get me excited until yesterday. I was so giddy. This morning I got into the warm car and thought to myself "it would be nice if the AC was working" then I remembered that is why I was getting into my car!!
Once we picked the car up and I got to drive it home with cool air blowing on my face! I couldn't stop smiling the whole way home!!!
Here is to a cool summer!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment