Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Missing my Sweetheart


I am not one to get super excited about Valentines day. I think my excitement ended when I realized in 7th grade that the holiday wasn't really about having class parties where we didn't have to learn anything the whole day or get so much candy from classmates that it felt like the day after Halloween. Ever since 7th grade it has just been another day. So, when Michael told me he would be out of town for Valentines day I wasn't heartbroken about him missing the holiday, I was more sad that he would be out of town period.

Well, here it is, Valentines day and I have been fine all day (besides the fact that I miss Michael) until I got on Facebook and everyone is bragging about all the nice things their husbands or boyfriends or whatever have been doing for them... Now I am even more sad Michael is gone and it doesn't help that my sweetheart is sick and I am not there to take care of him. I have been home all day and the only excitement I have had today was when the toilet splashed me while I was cleaning it. It has been a really relaxed day and for that I am grateful but I MISS MICHAEL!!

For all those who are getting fun things from loved ones just keep it to yourself until Michael gets home later this week then you can brag all you want and I will hold Michael!

On a happy note I got this text from my brother-in-law this morning and it made me cry (but honestly, what doesn't make me cry these days!!) "Lauren, I know my little brosif left you home alone on valentine's day, but he loves you, so does the rest of our family! Have a great day!!" Ok, I'm crying again! I have the BEST in-laws ever!! Sorry, if you thought yours were great but mine are the winners!!

I hope everyone has a great Valentines Day and we can discuss it after Michael gets home!!!!

Happy Valentines Day!!!!!

Ok, I'm not done, I need to say how much I love Michael before I end this post! He is the GREATEST husband ever! I am so happy he is mine!!! I am so grateful for all his hard work supporting our little family. He works so hard to make me happy and does a wonderful job doing it. He is going to be and amazing father. I can already see Baby Woolley wrapping Michael around her little finger! I have been so blessed to be married to Michael!

We spent the day before he left making Valentines... I copied his idea but they turned out cool

1 comment: