Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Nutcracker Season


When it gets around the second weekend of December my mind can't help but wander to my high school years.
From 6th grade till the year after I graduated high school I auditioned in August for The Nutcracker.
We would rehearse every weekend until December. Some weekends I would spend more time at Civic Dance Studio than I would at home.
It was love.
We would rehearse to a CD of a previous Nutcracker until the week of the show when we started rehearsing with The Bakersfield Symphony Orchestra.
My best friends danced with me and made it that much more memorable.
My family came to the show every year.
It was such a magical time!
When you are on stage there is no place like it. You aren't yourself anymore. You are there to spread the spirit of Christmas. To show the audience true love.
I will never be able to express the feeling of being on stage performing beautiful movement with a live Orchestra. The feeling is so powerful it is breath taking.
This will be my 2nd year not seeing the show and my 3rd year not performing in it.
It is a part of me that I will miss for rest of my life but I am so grateful I was able to be apart of the beautiful masterpiece for 8 years.

Here are some of my very best friends! Laura (the tallest) and I became friends because of The Nutcracker!
I am the third person in the top row on the left. This is the cast in the Snow Scene
I hope everyone has an opportunity to see The Nutcracker Ballet at least once in their life time.

No comments:

Post a Comment