I have been thinking about this HUGE responsibility today and I became a little overwhelmed. What am I doing to prepare? Am I going to remember all the things I need to teach my little one?How will I balance being a wife and being a mother? How will I correct my children? How will I show them my love? So many questions and worries!
I listened to a few talks today that eased my worries. One talk was entitled Mothers Who Know given by Julie B. Beck. She pointed out that "When mothers know who they are and who God is and have made covenants with Him, they will have great power and influence for good on their children."
Mothers who know bear children.
Mothers who know honor sacred ordinances and covenants
Mothers who know are nurturers
Mothers who know are leaders
Mothers who know are teachers
Mothers who know do less
Mothers who know stand strong and immovable
"There is eternal influence and power in motherhood."
I have a special and sacred responsibility about to come to me. I am so blessed that I know who I am and who God is and I am excited to teach my baby who he or she is and who God is. I know that I cannot fail if I have the Lord on my side!



No comments:
Post a Comment