Tuesday, November 22, 2011

It can't be Christmas yet... What happened to Thanksgiving?


I was trying to put this off but I decided to enjoy the holiday season a little earlier than I wanted.
Yes, I am one of those people you get annoyed with when they refuse to listen to Christmas music, put up the Christmas tree, and decorate the house before Thanksgiving.
I LOVE THANKSGIVING!! It is one of my favorite holidays and I feel it is the most over looked holiday but this year just doesn't feel the same...
This is my first Thanksgiving away from Mammoth. Our family goes up to our condo in Mammoth Lakes California every year and it is the most magical holiday of the year for me. I love being in the mountains and with my family. I love the food my Mom and Aunt make. I enjoy our annual game of Turkey BINGO. I love the noise. I love the weather sunshine or snow. I love Mammoth.
I have been resisting Christmas this year because I want to have my traditional Thanksgiving but I have come to face the facts that I wont be going to Mammoth this year.
So, I changed my profile and my music.
This all started last night when I bought my favorite Christmas movies for cheap and we watched them.

(I know it is sideways and I don't own a case for it anymore but The Grinch is my ALL TIME FAVORITE MOVIE!!! I could quote the whole movie to you.)

(These are our new movies. I laughed all night last night when we watched Home alone and Elf. Christmas wouldn't be Christmas without Holiday Inn and It's A Wonderful Life (not shown). Oh Christmas movies! How you make my season bright!)

I figured since I started this Christmas season by watching Christmas movies I might as well go all out.
My house will continue to celebrate Thanksgiving until the day after then we will set up the tree and start a new tradition....
(Here is our only Thanksgiving decorations that will stay up till November 25th)

BLACK FRIDAY!
I have never participated in Black Friday since we have always been in Mammoth. Michael on the other hand LOVES Black Friday. He has spent the last week looking at all the good deals. So this year I will be shopping on Black Friday! Scary but exciting! I saw a few things I want for really cheap so hopefully we will be purchasing some new board games (farkle and phase 10 are getting a little old).
Here is another tradition Michael and I started last year... Chocolate Oranges!! Mmm... once you start eating these you will never be able to stop!! As you can see from the picture!

I may have purchased Josh Groban's Christmas Album on ITunes just now... So maybe I am ready for Christmas

On a side note that has NOTHING to do with Christmas... this is the baby bump... I feel silly for putting these up but I know I always wanted to see my friend's bumps.


11 Weeks
12 Weeks
13 Weeks (Michael was out of town)

We got lazy since you couldn't even tell so there is no 14, 15, or 16 weeks photo...

17 weeks... I may be pushing it out a little and arching my back to make me feel pregnant...

18 Weeks


And there you have it! We wont find out what baby Woolley is till January since we had an insurance complication so I will keep you posted when we find out!!

4 comments:

  1. You're pics are so cute! I heard that Barnes and Noble will have games at 50% off, and I will be at Kohls at 3AM. So, if you guys come in I will probably see you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I forgot to say that I love Holiday Inn. I'm glad you appreciate it too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I did it too Lauren...I broke down and listened to Christmas music and watched a Christmas movie! You are such a cute little pregnant mom! :) Looking at your pictures made me miss those days too haha! We need to get together sometime!

    ReplyDelete