(You might want to turn the music off at the bottom before you read this post)
I am not big into politics and I don't know who I am voting for president but I have been interested in what people in the news have been saying about Mitt Romney being a "Mormon". It is interesting to hear people call him many different things. The latest thing I have heard is that he is not a Christian and he belongs to a Cult.
I find it interesting that people would say that about a religion they don't belong to or know anything about. I feel they are jumping to conclusions.
I don't want to get into a political battle but I want to tell you what I KNOW.
I believe in the Savior Jesus Christ, I know that he is the Savior of the world. He came to Earth through humble birth. He spent his life going about His Fathers work, teaching and living a life everyone can and should follow. I know he atoned for the sins of the world in the Garden of Gethsemane then He was placed on the cross and finished the atonement. The best part of all is that he arose from the tomb on the third day. HE IS RISEN, Jesus Christ broke the chains of death and was resurrected so that we can be resurrected like Him allowing us to be with our Father in Heaven, Jesus Christ, and our families for eternity! I know that because he came to Earth there is hope for us.
I believe that The Bible was written by Prophets of the Lord. I know that The Book of Mormon is another testament of Jesus Chris. I know that The Bible and The Book of Mormon work together to teach us of Christ.
The Bible is one witness of Jesus Christ; the Book of Mormon is another. Why is this second witness so crucial? ...How many straight lines can you draw through a single point on a piece of paper? The answer is infinite. For a moment, suppose that single point represents the Bible and that hundreds of those straight lines drawn through that point represent different interpretations of the Bible and that each of those interpretations represents a different church.
What happens, however, if on that piece of paper there is a second point representing the Book of Mormon? How many straight lines could you draw between these two reference points: the Bible and the Book of Mormon? Only one. Only one interpretation of Christ’s doctrines survives the testimony of these two witnesses.
I Know that there is a living Prophet on the Earth today. President Thomas S. Monson is called of God and he is the Lord's mouthpiece to his people. He is called to guide us to live worthy lives so we can live with our Father in Heaven again.
I know that Heavenly Father, Jesus Christ, and the Holy Ghost are three separate beings.
I know these things because I live The Gospel of Jesus Christ every day. I have worked hard for my testimony to know that these things are true. I have studied The Bible and The Book of Mormon, I have prayed, and I have lived the life the Scriptures teach me to. (I know that I am very far from perfect and that is why I continue to read the scriptures, pray, and live The Word of God) This is only part of my testimony, my testimony runs deep.
If you have questions about The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints you can do a few things to have your questions answered!
3. Find the Mormon Missionaries in your area
4. Read The Book of Mormon and do as Moroni suggest you do in The Book of Mormon
Moroni 10:3-5 Read, Pray, and Listen
Behold, I would exhort you that when ye shall read these things, if it be wisdom in God that ye should read them, that ye would remember how merciful the Lord hath been unto the children of men, from the creation of Adam even down until the time that ye shall receive these things, and pounder it in your hearts.
And when ye shall receive these things, I would exhort you that ye would ask God, the Eternal Father, in the name of Christ, if these things are not true; and if ye shall ask with a sincere heart, with real intent, having faith in Christ, he will manifest the truth of it unto you, by the power of the Holy Ghost.
And by the power of the Holy Ghost ye may know the truth of all things.
5. Ask a friend who is a member of the church
6. Read the latest words from the Prophet and the General Authorities spoken in conference
7. Ask me :)
Thanks for sharing your testimony. :)
ReplyDeleteBeautiful! Thanks for sharing Lauren!:)
ReplyDelete