I don't believe in coincidences. I believe that everything happens for a reason and if you listen really quietly you will be guided and blessed. That some times is the hardest part in a world with instant gratification; you call some one and they are right there, you take a picture and send it to everyone, you want to purchase something and its on your door step a few days later or maybe a few hours later, and if you have a question you look it up on google.
I was having a pretty crummy day. I was struggling with a lot of anxiety and maybe it was triggered by the mess I created in my house. I spent a few minutes to my self praying that I would be able to feel peace and know that Heavenly Father was with me. I have been getting rid of a lot of things to declutter my house. One big project is getting rid of all our hand-me-down. When I have an idea I usually jump on it quickly and don't think much about it. I knew getting rid of all my kids baby clothes would be extremely hard so when I thought of someone to give them too I moved into action. I had clothes everywhere in piles.
It was cold out and my wedding ring is very loose to begin with so when it gets cold it falls of my finger. I am always good about keeping it on so it won't fall off but this time I didn't even notice. Around 6pm I looked down at my hand and realized it was gone!! I screamed and Michael and Austin started searching on the floor. I ran upstairs to look in my closet because I had just put pants on for the day because Michael told me I looked like I had 3 kids and no sleep and he didn't want to go on a date with me looking like that hahaha!! Anyways, I searched everywhere and started praying out loud for Heavenly Father to help me find my ring.
I started thinking where I had been that day and became extremely overwhelmed. I didn't even know when I had lost it. I searched in the play room where I had been putting clothes in boxes I didn't see it on the floor. I fell to my knees and sobbed. I continued to pray out loud asking Heavenly Father more franticly to help me find it. As I was searching Michael walked to the bus stop to look for it but didn't find anything. I told him how I had grabbed some clothes and threw them into a large trash bag full of clothes to give to my neighbor who is having a baby in a week. We walked to their house and asked to look through the bag. They were SOOO sweet and helped us search. With no luck we walked home and I felt sick.
I walked up stairs and went back to the boxes on the floor and started searching through them. I but found nothing. I was sobbing again and I said another prayer. I told Heavenly Father how important the ring was to me and I knew he is a God of Miracles and if it was his will he could help me find it. But, if I wasn't able to find the ring that I would be able to feel peace and have faith. I took a hand full of clothes out of the box as I finished the prayer and the ring fell into the box. My heart was about to burst. I knew at that moment this was an experience Heavenly Father wanted me to have that day to remind me that he does care about my me.
The whole experience lasted about an hour and thinking back it wasn't that big of a deal. But, I learned a lot in that hour. Prayer works and it is a real power to have. I have family that loves me! After I found the ring I went down stairs and my brother Austin had his hand in the dirty dishes digging around for my ring. Walter said prayers along with my family I had texted asking for prayers. Most importantly Heavenly Father is in the little details of my life.
Immediately after finding my ring Michael ordered a ring sizing gadget so now my ring won't budge on my finger!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment