Monday, March 12, 2018

a sunny week

We have had so much sun this last week and it has been WONDERFUL! I never realized how much I loved the sun! I love snow and rain and fog and windy days but most of all I love the sun! We took full advantage of getting out. It was also a busy week for Michael at work so I kept us busy to pass the time.

After picking up Olivia at the bus we went on a walk to our park. Its about a mile walk and the kids have gotten good at knowing the way. It stresses me out that we have to walk across some pretty busy streets with no crosswalks but the kids have been good with bolting across. Something that is different about Seattle is their are not many areas with sidewalks. Most of the new construction has side walks but if its older or the block ends so does the sidewalks. We have had to get creative on our way to the park so we could stay on a sidewalk. 

Baby is getting really good at scootering and keeping up with brother and sister. 

 Usually by the end of our trip to the park and playing at the park the kids are too tired to ride their scooters or bikes home so lucky for them they pile on the stroller and I push them home but with Austin around I make him do it and I run with Beau. It may be sunny but its still pretty cold out.
 Its FREE Chick-Fil-A Breakfast on Wednesdays this month! You better believe that I am taking full advantage of BOTH Chick-Fil-A's in our area! haha!! I make Austin and Beau come with me. Last week I had Chick-Fil-A 3 times so when we drove past it today Ellanore got excited and yelled "there it is!!" but I had to tell her not today. She was disappointed haha!
 I love busy weeks full of activities and this week was packed. Olivia went to the dentist and did great! We have been referred to an orthodontist for some bite issues, I'm interested to see how things work out. When Walt and Ella went in a few weeks ago the dentist told me they both were tongue tied with large tonsils and small pallets. She asked if they snored, had problems sleeping through the night, or were restless sleepers..... UM YES!!!!! Well, guess what! She told me the same thing about Olivia and her bite is a cross bite. I reminded her that she told me the same thing about the other two kids and she said she wasn't surprised since it tends to run in the family. All of these little things can cause sleep apnea. SAY WHAT!!?? Im not a terrible mother who didn't teach her kids to sleep through the night!!!? IM NOT CRAZY!! Im not sure what will happen but this was kind of big news. It would explain a lot why Walt still needs naps desperately but sleeps terrible at night. Actually. Im blogging in their room while they fell asleep and now they are both snoring super loud. This may be life changing or not but it sure was interesting to find out.
 Walt gets screen time once a day while Ellanore and I nap. His new favorite game is Angry Birds and its pretty funny to watch him play. Michael and I loved this game when we first got married.
 Thursday night Michael called around lunch to tell me there was a BYU-Idaho alumni dinner at a Church in Bellevue. We drove down and picked Michael up around 6:30 and made it in time for dinner at 7. We realized that traffic is great going East and maybe thats where we should have lived instead! His 2 hour commute is getting old really fast! Our friend Steven Henderson was there visiting with some BYU-I students so that was our main purpose of going. The kids had fun on our adventure driving to Seattle and we love any time we get to spend with Dad! Seattle is a beautiful city!
 Austin  and I took the kids and Beau on a 2 mile walk in the beautiful sun! I really can't get enough sun!!
 My heart was about to burst when I saw this cute assignment Olivia did at school. "When I grow up... I will get mared. I will hav three kids." I love her so much!!!
 We FaceTimed Grandma Woolley and Uncle Daniel and the kids thought it was so funny that Uncle Daniel looked like Daddy!! They kept saying funny things like "why does he look like daddy!?" Grandma is coming to visit in 2 weeks with Auntie Rachel!! We are excited!

 Im trying to get into a Saturday morning date routine with the kids. Last week was with Olivia and this week was with Walt. We did donuts and a trampoline park. He had a lot of fun. I love this sweet boy!!

 Oh that baby!! She keeps me on my toes but also keeps us laughing!!
 This is another cute assignment for the 100th day of school. "When I am 100, my skin will have bumps." haha!! The picture cracks me up!!
 I don't know why this picture flipped but Im too tired to change it haha. Olivia was picked to be the student of the week in her class. She was so excited. She gets to lead the class and has special privileges like sitting at her own desk with a friend at lunch. I love how she put me as what she loves most. I sure do love this little girl!!!
I help take the kids who buy a lunch at school to get their lunches on Mondays (since Austin is here I go Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday) the school doesn't have a cafeteria so they eat in their classroom. Since Olivia is the Spotlight/Student of the week she picked one friend to sit at her special table with her to eat lunch. Since it was so nice her teacher said we could eat outside! Olivia picked a little boy she has a crush on to eat with her so we all sat outside to enjoy the warm sunshine! It was fun watching them run around, until Ellanore crashed and burned. I have loved watching a little piece of Olivia's day at school. If I didn't go into help I would have no idea what happens in her day.

The rain is coming back tomorrow but I'm grateful for all the sun we had the last few days! And YAY daylight savings! I love that it was light until 7:30pm! All this sun has brought out all the pretty flowers on the trees! Its just beginning and I know its only going to get better. Last spring was amazing, bring on the tulips!!

No comments:

Post a Comment