My baby boy is 2!! This month has been an emotional month for me. I can't stop thinking about the last 2 Decembers. Two years ago we were bringing this sweet little boy home from the hospital to our new home then last year we had his first birthday at our home and we had no idea we would be moving to California in a month. This last year had been so crazy.
Walter keeps me on my toes! Last June my 18 month old had a seizure that taught me so much about asking for help and trusting Heavenly Fathers plan. Walter is always falling and hitting his head. I have to keep an eye on that little daredevil! He is a climber and a risk taker but also very cautious at times.
Today at church I had to take Ellanore out to feed her and Walt started to follow me but I told him to stay with dad hi shoulders dropped and his lip started to pout and he let out a big cry. I hurried back to him, took his hand and he stopped crying and joined me in the mothers lounge. He is a mommys boy! I love it! All throughout the day he is very aware of where I am andhugging my leg. He gives me kisses and tells me he loves me all the time. He only called me mom for a long time and one day I worked on the word mommy with him and now he only calls me mommy and I love it!
He is so good to his sisters! Olivia is (hopefully) going through the "everything is mine and I won't share" stage and Walter graciously lets her take over his toys (most of the time). He does know how to get mad at her and his usual defense tactic is pulling her hair. A thumb tack fell out of our Christmas box when we were cleaning up this week and Olivia stepped on it (she was totally fine we couldn't even see where it poked her) and was crying a lot. Walter was so concerned for her and kept asking "wuh happ-end?" Over and over. Then he ran and grabbed her binky and kissed her on her forehead. He is so sweet!
The poor boy is surrounded by Olivia's fantasy world of princesses and all things girly. He loved Disney princesses and dressing up in Olivia's clothes. He wants to be just like her. So, for his birthday and Christmas we got him cars and trains (which Olivia decided was hers) and some clothes and shoes to dress up in.
The Monday after Christmas we moved him into a big boy bed and he had been doing surprisingly great! Well, not naps but going to bed has been a lot easier than I anticipated.
Walter is just the sweetest little boy and so fun to be around. I'm beyond blessed to be his mommy!








I feel like such a creeper, but i just have a special place in my heart for your kiddos! Walter is darling. I love that he grabbed Olivia's binkie and kissed her forehead! So sweet.
ReplyDelete