Olivia LOVES the temple. She points it out everywhere in our house and we sing "the temple song" 10 times a day. I love when she points the temple pictures out at other peoples houses and when other people are around. Her excitement for the temple is contagious. Because of her I have a new excitement to attend the temple! Now that it's cold out we haven't visited the temple lately but I love that she still asks. I also love the reverence in her excitement. She knows it's a special place.
Olivia loves president Monson. We listen to conference talks almost every morning and she thinks every male voice is president Monson and one time a woman followed one of his talks and with tons of excitement she exclaimed "president monsie's mommy!" She loves to look at pictures of him in the ensign and after every conference talk she exclaims "amen!!"
Lately she has helped my testimony with prayer. She has been struggling with sleeping in her bed and cries and cries till she falls asleep or ends up in or bed or I sit in her room for an hour counting sheep, telling her princess stories or stories of Jesus, singing the temple song 100 times, and saying many prayers. I love when she asks to sing the temple song then asks me to pray. I know that she feels the spirit comforting her and she recieves peace when she prays.
Being a mother is the most spiritual experience I have ever had or will ever have and I am grateful to be a mother. I'm far from perfect but with her help I can be a little better!


Oh, I loved this. You inspire me to be better. "Monsie's mommy!" haha
ReplyDelete