Thursday, July 25, 2013

Michael's family came for a visit!

We have been planning this week for a long time and have been really excited to spend time with Michael's family.

I told Olivia that Auntie Leah was coming to visit and she got excited! A little background on Leah, she is the nanny for President Clark's (the President of BYU-Idaho) daughter, Erin. Erin and her family spend the month of July in Utah and for this short weekend they came up to Idaho to visit her parents and brought Leah up with them.
On Thursday the plan was for Olivia and me to pick Leah up in Rexburg then take a quick tour around the school and town then get some dinner. We went to pick Leah up some plans had changed. We arrived at President Clark's house to get Leah and President Clark answered the door and invited us in. We asked for Leah then he told us they were eating dinner and invited us to join them. I didn't want to impose so I said we would be ok. He then asked if I had eaten dinner and when I said no he asked what we wanted on our plates. After dinner President Clark, his darling wife and family took Leah and Olivia and I on a tour around campus. After our tour we all went out for some ice cream and President Clark paid. It was such a fun evening! I will never forget how special it was. President Clark is like a BYU-Idaho/LDS celebrity! 
Friday morning Leah, Olivia, and I went to breakfast then drove around the Idaho Falls Temple. It was a beautiful day!
That night we went to our first Chuckars game this season. These two are so cute!
We loved spending time with Leah! We only get to see her once a year or every other Christmas.
Olivia had a blast playing with Leah and always wanted her to hold her.
I was surprised that Olivia really wanted to watch the game. It was fun explaining what was going on to her.
Saturday morning we played with Auntie Leah and Daddy all morning. 
We celebrated Pioneer Day early with a pancake breakfast and after we went to the Melaleuca Picnic. 
We ate tons of cotton candy, Popsicles, and BBQ.
Olivia got to ride a horse for the first time and go on a blow up slide.
I don't think she realized we were on a horse but she thought it was cool the people in front of us were on a horse.

Right when we got home from the picnic Michael's mom and sister Rachel arrived at our house. We went to Big Jud's for dinner to help Leah remember her time spent in Rexburg when she attended BYU-I.



Olivia enjoyed Auntie Leah's ice cream.

We enjoyed a yummy snow shack on our girls night out!
After church on Sunday we drove up to Rexburg to celebrate President Clark's granddaughters birthday. We had a yummy dinner and great conversation! 
We said bye to Leah then headed home.
On Monday morning we painted Olivia's room! We has her busy for a minute watching Princess and the Frog.
Marcia was so helpful and the color turned our great!
On Tuesday we went to bear world. We love bear world and always have fun when we go.
Olivia crashed on the way home
Wednesday, we went to IJump and jumped jumped jumped!
Again, Olivia crashed on the way home!
Rachel and Marcia left this morning to head to Utah for the 1Direction concert!! We miss them and had so much fun with them! Hopefully we will see them soon!

1 comment:

  1. The picture of her watching the movie was too much! She is so sweet, Lauren! That is crazy about President Clark's house- how fun! And, I loved the pictures of her asleep in the car- makes me excited to have another baby- they are just so cute when they fall asleep at that age.

    ReplyDelete