1. Last semester was the best semester in college. I am a little disappointed in all my classes this semester because last semester was so great!!! I really discovered myself and have grown in so many ways. I would have to thank my teacher Ashley Hoopes for helping me with that and also Wendy Bone has done so much for me as a dancer and person. (Rachael, sorry there are no pictures of the last month of school, my camera broke)
2. The day after school got out the dance company I am on left to tour around TEXAS! It was awesome!! Some things you should know about Texas:
1. The State Capital of Texas is 14 feet taller than the Nations Capital... they wont let you forget it.
2. Texas is the only state that is allowed to hang their state flag equal to the Nations Flag.
3. Texas was its own country for 50 years... maybe that is why they are so proud of themselves?
4. Texans are very proud of their Texas BBQ... we had it EVERY night!!
5. Texans are the nicest people you will ever meet!
People keep asking me how tour went and I don't know how to respond to that question. There are so many emotions mixed with tour. First, it was so hard being away from Michael that long. Second, I got the flu the 3rd day and felt sick the rest of the week. (we got a few people to believe I was pregnant haha!) On the other hand it was an amazing experience. I met some of the nicest people. We stayed with members of the church and they fed us. We performed every night and had some special experiences. We toured around the beautiful state of Texas and experienced a little bit of their culture.
3. I missed the first week of school since I was on tour so I am playing major catch up! I have so much to do! But on the bright side I only have to endure for 3 more months! Everyone keeps telling me that I will miss these times but as of right now I wont! I have a bad case of senioritis!
Packing all our clothes before we head home... So sad!











HI Lauren!
ReplyDeleteFun to see pics of the rest of your tour. Hope it all went smoothly. So fun having you in TX!! Good luck in school this semester. Finish strong!!!
-Katherine