Sunday, October 10, 2010

The ability to create!


I have thinking a lot about creating lately. It is such an awesome gift to have. Michael and I have been blessed to live here in Idaho where we are so close to so many beautiful land marks. Last week we went to a beautiful waterfall called Mesa Falls. The drive up was beautiful! All the aspen trees were turning a beautiful gold color. I absolutely love the sound of wind blowing through the trees. Heavenly Father really knew what he was doing when he created Earth. This weekend we went to Yellowstone. We were able to see so many awesome animals and geysers. Yes! We saw Old Faithful. These animals were so big and had so much power in them. It was so awesome to see how beautiful they are. Walking around Yellowstone's geysers was another interesting creation to consider. Water fills a caldron then the pressure builds and water shoots out of a hole to about 150 feet in the air! There are some geysers that don't erupt but create a beautiful mineral coloring of orange and green. This earth is so beautiful. I also felt the crisp, chilly air blowing against my face. It was so relaxing and got me excited for the fall season and Christmas! As we walked around I felt the spirit testifying to me that I will one day be able to create something as beautiful as the area around me.



For now I will start small. In my sewing classes I am able to create! I am only doing simple projects but the joy I feel when I accomplish them is so rewarding! I finished crocheting the edge of another blanket. I love looking at it in hope that a baby will be able to use it and know that somebody used the ability to create so he can know he is loved. Dance is another way I have learned how to love creating. The power behind movement is so powerful. I know that dancing is one of the most powerful ways of expressing my testimony. I have been so blessed with the ability to dance. I know that Heavenly Father has a special place in his heart of dance.


As I have visited with my really good friend Madeline, I have understood the ability to create in a different way. Her baby boy Jed is so adorable. He has such a special spirit. If I ever have a hard day I love going over to their house because Baby Jed's smiling face can brighten up ANYBODY'S day. It is such a sacred responsibility to create a child. I know that the Lord blesses the parents of His children. I look forward to the day where I can learn that power of creation.


Part of creating is learning. Every day I learn some new way to create. Right now I am learning how to create management in my home. Its hard to be away from home all day the come home to a messy house and expect it to be clean along with homework done. I read a blog from a women who is facing a really hard trial in her life and she is learning how to create new habits. Creating encompasses so many aspects of life.

No comments:

Post a Comment