Last night was my choreography final. I have been working on this dance for a couple months and I had two friends perform it for me for the showcase last night. They were amazing and helped me so much. I will give a brief insight to what I had in mind for the piece but you can take it how you want. I wanted to portray life in two ways. The first dancer is patience, I wanted her to focus on important things... hands=service. The second dancer had quicker movement and moves though the dance not focusing on anything... until the end. I hope you enjoy it and I would love to hear your feed back!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmKR-FDTkbU
I couldn't figure out how to upload the video so here is the youtube link!
Wow I totally disagree. It thought it was beautiful and not at all boring. I have been taking dance classes since I was about 4 years old and I saw so much technique. There is more to appreciate in this dance than I think you can see. There is a lot of meaning in simplicity and not every dance needs to have everything you know how to do in it. At a certain point it only becomes showing off and I think Lauren has a really good eye for editing and allowing her dance to show more meaning than chalking it full of 'filler' moves.
ReplyDelete