Saturday, December 12, 2015

Christmas thoughts

Walter's birthday is in 3 days. I love that his birthday is in December right in the middle of all the Christmas celebration. It makes me slow down and really think. My thoughts always turn to Mary and the birth of the Savior. Tonight, Ellanore was baby Jesus in a live nativity. At the end of the performance it said "our world seems vastly different from hers (Mary), and yet, the birth of a child is no less miraculous, a mothers love is no less powerful." And I know that is true. Although I didn't give birth to The Savior I did give birth to a beautiful spirit that has changed my life and saves me every day. 

I love thinking back on the night Walter was born and the nights following his birth. I was in labor all day and we decided it was time to go to the hospital. I had a priesthood blessing and gave Olivia kisses goodbye and I got into the car. We drove to the hospital and everything was so peaceful even though I was having intense contractions peace filled the night. Snow was everywhere and the moon was bright. Even the hospital was still and peaceful, and his delivery was peaceful and calm. After we brought him home from the hospital I remember sitting in my cozy living room with my Christmas tree in the window with snow lightly falling down. The lights were off and only the tree provided light. Soft Christmas music filled the air. Everything was peaceful as I held my new baby. These are the same feelings I feel when I think of the savior and his birth and his life. I'm so grateful for this time of year and the opportunity it gives me to ponder in my heart the life of my Savior just as Mary did. 













1 comment:

  1. I love that saying at the end of the nativity. And what a beautiful memory! Thanks for sharing. I love when I see that you have blog updates!

    ReplyDelete