I remember driving to the hospital, in labor, like it was yesterday. I remember thinking about Mary and how different our labor experiences were. I felt a humbling feeling as we drove to the hospital knowing a special little spirit was only hours away from being born and how Mary must have felt knowing she was bringing The Savior into the world. It is so special that our Savior came into the world as an infant. A perfect little spirit who would stay perfect to fulfill His Father's will so ALL our Father's children could return home to Him.
I have been thinking about Mary and her responsibility to raise The Savior and how my responsibility is the same. Walter and Olivia's sweet spirits are so special and important to our Heavenly Father that he sent a Savior. I pray everyday for my Savior's help as I raise my sweet children. I often feel inadequate as I try to do my calling as a mother and I can't help but understand just a little how Mary must have felt.
It has been a special blessing to have Walter's birthday in December. He helps me remember my Savior and the mother I am trying my hardest to be.

I loved this post! I've been thinking those exact thoughts about Mary recently, especially when I find myself feeling overwhelmed and completely exhausted with Kaymin. I can't even begin to imagine how she must have felt. This time of the year definitely has new meaning now that I am a mom :)
ReplyDeleteOh, this was beautiful. Thank you so much so for sharing.
ReplyDeleteThis is so sweet!
ReplyDelete