Last weekend we went down to Utah for our 5-year-anniversary get away... With kids. It was an adventure and we will have memories of this trip forever!!! It had it's good and bad moments. Poor Olivia had croup a few days before we went down and we hoped it would go away but it didn't. It transformed from a croup cough to a really bad cough and runny nose that has gotten worse now that we are home.
The purpose of this trip was to see the Christmas lights at Temple Square and to visit my cousin and her new baby. There was no way we were going to take Olivia around Klhoe and I am so sad I didn't get to meet her. Hopefully I will see her soon.
After staying with my Aunt in October on our way to Colorado and having our number one worst night of sleep with kids we decided not to make my poor aunts family miserable again so we got a hotel next to Temple Square. It was perfect! We walked to the City Creek Mall and to the Temple and walked back and never had to deal with traffic.
Olivia was in awe with the Temple all lit up and we visited it the next morning and she loved it even more. I have never been in the Christmas spirit as much as I have been this year. I love my Savior and my understanding of Mary had grown. The magic of Christmas as a child has changed as I have gotten older. I truly understand the importance and feel an overwhelming amount of love in my heart.
The next day we woke, up check out of the hotel and went to breakfast at kneeders. Walt ate all of my breakfast. That kid can out eat anyone! Then after walking around the temple again we headed to Orem to visit my roommates. It was fun being all together again. I'm grateful to have such good friends. After lunch we headed back to Idaho. It was food to be home. It was a fun trip!










No comments:
Post a Comment