Friday, September 6, 2013

Getting better

We had a hard few weeks. As a mother noting is harder than seeing your baby so sick and you can't do anything to help but hold them.

On Sunday the 18th Olivia thew up for the first time. It was so sad! I have never felt so helpless. I held her tight and rocked her for a long time. The next day she acted like nothing had happened and we kind of did the BRAT diet but she was totally fine. Then 5 days later she thew up  again but only once in the morning and after I held her tight for 20 minutes she was acting normal. The next two days were the same and and on the 3rd day I thew up too. Monday rolled around and we were both acting and feeling fine. We stuck to the BRAT just to be safe. Two days passed and then it started again but in the middle of the night. My poor baby would wake up and whimper until we ran in to clean her up.

I am grateful that it has seemed to pass. We are still playing it safe with what we feed her but are still slowly adding different foods back into her diet. I am also grateful for all of Michael's help and support. It broke my heat to see Olivia feeling so sick. 

I'm also grateful for prayer and blessings. I know through the power of the priesthood she and I were both comforted during this hard trial. I'm grateful for the gospel of Jesus Christ and his help thought everything.

Scratch that! After a week with no throwing up she thew up again all over me tonight as we were putting her to bed. If this has happened to your child what did you do? This doesn't seem normal...

We took a lot of self photos and enjoyed a lot of cuddling time! 




No comments:

Post a Comment