Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Sleep? Who needs it!?


To sleep or to shower is the big question of the day. For 4 months now I have been thinking Olivia has been teething but every day I check and no teeth. I am glad they have taken their time coming in because there is nothing cuter than a gummy grin. But lately I wish they would get here already! The last 2 weeks have been really long with not much sleep. Olivia wakes up 2-3 times at night and screams. It's a scream she rarely ever does so I know she is uncomfortable.

It amazes me that during the day she still has enough energy to keep her going and I just lay on the floor like a zombie...

I never wanted to be the mom that turned on the tv to keep my kids busy. I wanted to play with them but every morning when my eyes are on fire because I am fighting to keep them open and I can think straight I turn on Curious George and The Cat In The Hat to keep me awake and Olivia entertained. We won't get into how I wake up at night singing all the songs on The Cat In The Hat and Super Why.

If I get a shower in before 12 I know I can accomplish anything but if it is 1 and I'm still in my jammies (which is usually 5 out of 7 days during the week) I know at least I won't have as much laundry to do this week.

I am grateful she still takes 2 naps most days because I take 2 naps most days! I know those naps are what keep me functioning.

Anyways... I know this moment won't last for long... Then another baby will keep me up... But until the night Olivia sleeps through the night I will continue to enjoy the way she smells, running my fingers through her sweaty hair, her little fingers poking my face, the way she pulls my hand close to her body and holds on tight, and everything else that is oh so cute!

I don't need sleep! I would much rather spend my time with Olivia!

.....Continued.....

It is now 150 in the morning and I have been laying in bed for 2 hours unable to sleep... Why is it when I am completely exhausted and ready to sleep I CAN'T!!!?

1 comment:

  1. Oh! This post hits so close to home! You are doing it! I don't even know how many times I am past exhausted and lay in bed just wired-haha. Johnny was a long-term teether too! After seriously, 6 months, a new moler appeared this morning- I thought I was losing my mind thinking it was teething! haha. Thanks for sharing. Olivia is a lucky girl!

    ReplyDelete