Monday, February 11, 2013

My sister Rachael


My sister Rachael is awesome! She has a roommate right now that... Well, she isn't my favorite. She has said some stuff that makes me so mad but my sister is so sweet, she turns the other cheek. She would never do anything or say anything to hurt someone.

After talking to Rach last night I was all fired up and ready to give this girl a piece of my mind.

Every night we sing a primary song to Olivia before bed and this song popped into my head last night...

1. I’m trying to be like Jesus;
I’m following in his ways.
I’m trying to love as he did, in all that I do and say.
At times I am tempted to make a wrong choice,
But I try to listen as the still small voice whispers,
Love one another as Jesus loves you.
Try to show kindness in all that you do.
Be gentle and loving in deed and in thought,
For these are the things Jesus taught.”

Rachael is always trying to be like Jesus. She is such an amazing example to me. I wish I could handle situations like Rachael. If I did I wouldn't have lost friends in the past over silly things. Rachael loves everyone and always looks past their imperfections to find the person she loves. Everyone needs a sister like Rachael! I love her so much and I am lucky to have her so close to me right now.

One more example:

I was in Rexburg visiting Rachael. We were stopped at a stop light waiting for a man to cross. About halfway through the intersection we realized he didn't have a jacket on and it was 30 degrees outside!! Then we noticed that he had a disability. He was struggling to get across the street then he came to a complete stop as he struggled to find a way to get on the icy sidewalk.

Our hearts were full at that moment and Rachael and I asked him if he needed a ride somewhere. He said yes and slowly got into the car with our help. Once he was in the car we noticed he had a speech disability too.

He slowly told us where he was going which was a good mile or more away and would have taken him an hour to get there at the rate he was going.

We learned a little about him. He is married and has a 2 year old son. He proudly showed us a picture of them on his phone.

We dropped him off and noticed one more thing, he was all wet from falling on ice probably. We said goodbye with gratitude in our hearts for the opportunity to serve him.

Later that day we told our mom the story and Rachael told us she had prayed that morning for her eyes to be open for an opportunity to serve.

Rachael is amazing. She is trying to be like Jesus and helps me try harder!






No comments:

Post a Comment