Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Free time?

Olivia use to be a great sleeper. She slept through the night when she was 4 weeks old but at 3 months she stopped sleeping through the night in her rock n' play. We were still in our old place and we didn't have her bed set up because we were going to move in a few weeks so she slept in our bed. (I know "never let your children sleep in your bed" I don't need opinions on this) When we moved I hard a hard time putting her in her own bed. I loved cuddling with my sweet girl. When she woke up she would stare at me with a big smile until I woke up. She would hold my face till she fell asleep and when she woke up she would touch my face. It melted my heart.


After a month and a half things got worse. She would wake up when I tried to put her in her own bed. She would wake up screaming until I nursed her and she would wake up every 45 minutes. Michael finally went down stairs to sleep one night and I knew we had to make a change. We needed sleep and she needed sleep. We listened to the book The Easy Sleep Solution and started to apply the principals.


Night one. We put Olivia down around 8 and she cried for 20 minutes and I cried for about 15 and that was that. She woke up every 2 hours and after she ate we laid her down awake and she fell asleep and wouldn't even cry. Every night it has gotten better and better. Tonight she went down and didn't even cry!! We have only been doing this for 5 days and our lives have been a lot easier.




Now that she goes to bed at 8 I have all this free time!! Last night I deep cleaned the kitchen! Its been so nice. Tonight I get to blog!!! YEAH! I love having free time.

No comments:

Post a Comment