Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Times have changed


I have been married for 9 months now and there is nothing better!! I love being with Michael all the time! But there are days like today when Michael is at work till 10 and I don't know who to call to sit with me and cry, talk, laugh, or eat with. School starts tomorrow which will be a really good thing... all this alone time is making me crazy... don't believe me? Ask Michael. So, since tomorrow is the first day of school there is a huge party going on tonight at the school. Ryan Shupe and the Rubberbands are playing and there will be a dance, games, food, and more fun. I was thinking of all the people I know that are still up here at BYU-I and I couldn't think of any friends that would want to hang out with an old married woman or they have families to take care of... I then casted my thoughts to the old days when Sarah, Hannah, Allie, Monica, and I had all just met and went to I-Night together. It was fun dancing together and laughing and enjoying college life. It makes me miss them. I know they have all moved on to better things but I wish I didn't take those days for granted. Sorry, for the vent but no one is home to hear me. I have been truly blessed with such wonderful friends and I know we will all be friends for ever!!

Sarah Waldron: What an amazing young woman! She is always thinking what she can do to improve her life and those around her. She and I were roommates for 2 semesters straight and everyday she was an example to me. Sarah is a great listener. I enjoyed all our late night talks that were so deep and inspiring... even if it was 2 in the morning and I couldn't remember falling asleep we had fun. She is always a go getter. Sarah knows how to party!!

Hannah Miller: I am so blessed to know Hannah. I have never met a more caring person in the entire world!! Hannah is always thinking how she can serve someone. She loves everyone and tries so hard to help everyone she meets. Hannah is so smart. She is such a logical thinker. Although she is smart she sure can dance. I one day hope to be as good of a dancer as Hannah. Hannah brightens the world just by being in it. I am grateful for her high spirits and willingness to always have a good time!!

Monica Gonzales: A party is always where Monica is. She is so positive. I love it. If life is not going as planned then get on with life and fix it. She is so strong and I always see people draw strength from Monica. She is so fun and happy and great to get a long with. I love being able to be myself and do silly things with her.

Allie Perkins: Allie is always a true friend. She is always on an adventure to learn something new or spice up her life. She is truly beautiful inside and out. It is hard not to fall in love with her personality. She always has wonderful incite on life and a positive way of looking at things. Allie is someone that is easy to relate to and easy to talk to. It has been a blessing to get to know her.




















3 comments:

  1. I'm in that same boat...no one to hang out with!! Come live in Provo so we can be friends!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMGoodness!!!! I miss you like the sun misses the flower in the depths of winter!!! can't wait to see you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally know how you feel! Being married is great, but sometimes I actually really miss having roommates and staying up late just talking and doing crazy 'girl' things.

    ReplyDelete