A friend in my ward asked me if she could take pictures of us for her Mothers Day photoshoot promotion and obviously I couldn't turn her down! They turned out so great! But the story behind the shoot was even better!!
All day I was prepping and getting my clothes all laid out. I was so excited! It was finally time to go and Carrie met me at my house and I drove us over to the spot. The lighting was perfect, we had an hour to get the shots before the sun set and the kids got annoyed with taking pictures. We pull into the park's parking lot and I went around the car to get Ellanore out. I open the door and saw orange on her face, my first thought was that she had spit up. No problem! That is an easy clean up. Then I noticed the orange stuff on her shoes... and legs... and hands... and hair... and dress....and toys... and carseat... and IN HER MOUTH!!!!!! WHAAAAAAATTT!!???!! I stood there not knowing what to do! Finally everything began to sink in... This was a MAJOR blow out! It had oozed out of the sides of her diaper inside of her legs and she was grabbing at it! I went to grab my wipes... wait! Where were my wipes!!? This wasn't good! I told Carrie and we jumped back into the car and drove home. I ran Ellanore and her carseat upstairs. I pulled her out and put her into the tub to rinse her off then got her dressed, pulled the pads out of the carseat, put her back in, then bolted down the stairs... after a slight panic of not being able to find my keys! We made it back to the park with just enough time to get these cute pictures!
I love being a mother. It is hard work but when I look at these sweet pictures my heart wants to explode! I love these babies more than anything and even though I struggle a lot and I feel like a failure 99% of the time at least they are loved!!!












You are such a good writer! I was laughing outloud/feeling frantic for you through that episode. Oh my goodness! I love the last picture and the pictures of you and ellanore best. They all seem to capture kids really well though! (I can say that with full authenticity now!)
ReplyDeleteWhat cute pictures!! Those are such treasures. And I love knowing the back story. You all look so cute and relaxed even after a crazy moment!
ReplyDelete