Wednesday, April 6, 2016

Bakersfield to Hanford

We stayed in Bakersfield while Michael was on a business trip in Italy for the second time in 4 months (he also went to New York while all the kids and I were sick the first week of March and Idaho for a boys trip in January) so I was determined to have a lot of fun and we did just that!

This post is dedicated to our biggest adventure of the week, our train trip to Hanford! I was looking at Instagram and saw that a friend of mine took the train to Hanford and It gave me the idea. We did this one spring break when I was a freshman in high school... Or maybe a little younger. I had great memories doing it and knew Walt and Olivia would love it!

Olivia was so excited when we told her on Monday then on Tuesday she was totally against the idea. She cried all morning and was so nervous. When we got to the train station she was warming back up to the idea and once we were on the train she loved it. The kids looked out the window and enjoyed snacks on the hour and a half trip up to Hanford.

We got to Hanford and started our walk to the bowling alley but realized it was a little further than we wanted to walk so we went to the town square and enjoyed the local creamery. We had lunch then had the banana split, it was enough ice cream for 10 people and we almost finished it! 

After lunch we walked around the town square and found the chamber of commerce. They offered us a ride on the carousel and then we walked around a little more before our train left. 

We had a really fun day and made some great memories! 
















No comments:

Post a Comment