Monday, May 20, 2013

Opa's visit


My dad made a surprise visit to Idaho this weekend! I was talking to him Wednesday and he said he was leaving that night and would be at our house Friday morning. We were so excited! Friday morning around 10 Olivia went down for her nap and Opa arrived around 10:30. I showed my dad the house and we talked for a few minutes then Olivia woke up. When Opa went in to get her she was a little confused and cried. She held on tight to me for 5 minutes then their relationship was back like no time had passed since we last saw him. She was showing him around her room, reading books, and talking up a storm.

After lunch we headed out for a fun afternoon at the zoo. We loved showing Opa around our zoo. There were so many new baby animals this time. We went to dinner at Pizza Pie Cafe then spent the rest of the evening playing with Opa.

On Saturday we played hard all morning, took a nap, then went to lunch and shopped. We had fun doing anything with Opa. That night my dad watched Olivia so Michael and I could go on a DATE! As I was leaving I thanked my dad for watching her and it made me realize that I wish I could go on dates with my husband more often and thank my dad for watching Olivia. Maybe some day they will want to come to Idaho to be by us. Olivia was so good for my dad. They played the entire time and Olivia was perfectly happy we were gone. Olivia truly loves her Opa with all her heart! They are the cutest friends. 

When ever Olivia was walking around she would find Opa, reach her arms up to him and open and close her hands till he picked her up. 

In church on Sunday Olivia reached across Michael to get to the Opa. She walked the halls with him and learned how to drink out of a drinking fountain. When Opa comes to town Olivia learns a lot of new things. Sunday night we had tacos and enjoyed having my dad, my cousin Ian, Erica his wife and their son Everett for dinner. 

This morning my dad quietly snuck out and started his trip back to Bakersfield. We are sad he isn't with us anymore but maybe one day I will convince my mom and dad to buy our neighbors house! Until then we enjoy every second of their visits.





No comments:

Post a Comment