2 weeks ago Olivia and I took a trip to California. It was a much needed trip since the last time I was home was last June... 10 months ago! Dallin hadn't seen Olivia since our last visit and Emily had seen her once for only a few hours since last June. So, it was time to go home. I hate leaving michael at home but since his job is still new it was best for him to stay behind.
Our trip was a surprise to Emily and Austin! They had no idea so the plan was for my mom to pick us up at LAX and told them she was going to the LA Temple for the day.
The first thing we did on our trip was visit my grandpa Hansen and Uncle Eric and his family. It was really good to see everyone and Olivia got to meet all of my Uncles family. It was also special because my cousin CJ leaves for her mission in the Philippines in May and it was last time I will see her till she comes home in 18 months.
(Get ready for picture overload!! Thats the best part anyways!)
This was Olivia's first time playing the piano and she loved it. I hope she loves it the rest of her life.
I love how expressive Olivia is. She and my grandpa got along great.
I love the way she is looking at him
I LOVE the way they are looking at each other, Priceless!
Olivia loves animals and will do anything to see them and get close to them, like in this picture, she was climbing my grandpa to get a better look at some birds.
4 generations, I will forever cherish this picture.
After surprising Austin and Emily. Also, the beginning of LOTS of attention for Olivia.
My family was babysitting this bird and we probably spent half our days looking at the bird.
We went on a beautiful walk to enjoy the warm weather.
We visited Opa at work and Opa taught Olivia about rocks.
These too are so cute together!
I may have been to Dewars... 4 times!
We spent a lot of time looking at the dogs.
We played with blocks with Uncle Dallin and Auntie Em
We tried swinging on the swing but the dogs were more exciting.
Of course we went shopping!
Olivia went swimming
What a little diva! I can't get enough of her chubbiness!
Olivia had her pictures taken by the fabulous Bree. She always does a great job and I can't wait to get all the pictures back.
My sister and her friends tried to set Olivia and Aiden up on a date... Maybe it will work in 20 years :)
Olivia loves tents and this was so fun to have out. I played with this tent growing up and now she gets to enjoy it.
Ok... so this trip may have been all about food for me... I went to In-N-Out twice!
Uncle Dallin taught Olivia how to longboard
We laid in the hammock a lot and enjoyed the warm sun
I just love these two, I have the greatest Dad!
I got to see my bestest friend Allie for a few hours. I was so glad to finally catch up with her. I love the fact that we look like twins in the picture... some things never change.
I also got to see my friend Caitlin. I loved having lunch with her and her mom. It had been way to long since we last saw each other and had some major catching up to do. It is so great to have a friends you know will be your friends for forever!
This picture melts my heart! Olivia absolutely loves her Uncle Dallin. Every time Dallin was in the room Olivia would reach for him. He was able to get her to fall asleep a few times and he was such a great help. I really wish we lived closer so they could see each other more often.
I don't know when Emily grew up because when I think of my little Emily I think of her as Olivia's age. Emily was the biggest help this weekend. She did everything I needed her to and she and Olivia were inseparable. Emily is really a beautiful young woman now. It breaks my heart that we don't live closer to be apart of her growing up.
We were able to see my Grandma and Grandpa hunt on this visit and it was a perfect end to a great week. I love my Grandparents so much. You have to agree that my Grandpa looks very handsome in that purple sweater. This is another picture that I will cherish forever.
Saying good bye to Opa was so hard... Luckily Grandma will be coming to visit us for a week on Wednesday and we will have her undivided attention! YEAH!
I love going home and was so grateful Michael sent us away for a week. He is an amazing husband and always thinking of what I need. I love him with all my heart!
When we got home Olivia gave The Daddy lots and lots of kisses! She missed him so much!
























you and your mom could be siste rs! I loved reading your blog! I got teary seeing you with your family that you talk about and love and miss so much when you are in Idaho. What precious memories and I love the music on your blog! tehe! You are one very special daughter of our Heavenly Father!
ReplyDeleteI love it! My favorite was Olivia in the pool with her little swimsuit! Oh my goodness, how cute! And her photo shoot looks darling! Thanks for sharing!
ReplyDelete