Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Big changes in the Woolley HOUSE!!!!!

If you asked me 2 months ago if I saw myself living in Idaho for another month I may have started bawling and told you how I wanted to move to Colorado or California ASAP! I wanted more than anything to be closer to family. I hate that everyone is missing Olivia growing up. Skype is great but it isn't the same as watching Olivia in person making funny sounds, learning to crawl then walk, and the all the other absolutely wonderful things she does.

Don't get me wrong... I still dream of the day when I can walk down the street to grandmas house (in California or Colorado) but there has been a turn of events in our lives.

In January Michael and I were desperately trying to find a way out of Idaho and a way into Colorado. Michael would apply for jobs on line everyday after work. We started to hear back from a few and Michael even flew out to Colorado to interview for a job. The week before Michael flew to Colorado he was offered a promotion at Melaleuca. We spend the next week writing out the pros and cons for all the jobs and praying and praying and praying for an answer. When Michael got back from Colorado... Before Michael even got to Colorado it was pretty obvious that we would be staying in Idaho.

The Lord works on our side and even though I am not living by family right now he has given me so much peace with staying here in Idaho.

We decided we had enough of apartment living and if we will be here for at least another 5 years we may as well be in a home of our own!

We found the perfect home for us and are so excited to move in when it is finished!

The home was custom built for a woman who wasn't able to commit and we lucked out with getting it for a great price. We are in an awesome neighborhood. Everyone we talk to always goes on and on about how great the neighborhood is and the builders all live around the corner from us so it must be good. We will live across the street from a friend of Michael's and my good friend lives behind us. We are 2 miles from where we lived a few years ago which means we are close to the mall, movie theater, all restaurants, and Target! We have a park close by and great schools all around.

If I have to be far away from family right now this is where I would want to be. Heavenly Father has blessed us once again and we feel so lucky!

If you are ever in Idaho and need a place to stay we have a large finished basement you can stay in! I would offer you our guest bedroom but hopefully it will be occupied with grandparents!! ;)

Oh! We are on almost half an acre so our backyard is huge!! This summer is going to be so much fun!!!















5 comments:

  1. WOW! That kitchen, wood floors and those big windows... you're new house is BEAUtiful! We'll have to run and bike by! :) I'm so glad that you feel at peace and have been blessed with a job promotion and a good deal on a house! I love being close to sisters at school in Rexburg, just like I know you love being close to Rachel :) We want to help when you move in!!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is gorgeous!!! I can not wait to come over and see it and have you live close.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's AWESOME! I am so very happy for your sweet family. I have so enjoyed getting to know you! I will miss your great RS lessons and your caring and concern for me and my daughter. You are one special young lady!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lauren,

    Love your new house. It is gorgeous on the inside!!!! So excited for you

    Aunt Liz

    ReplyDelete