Monday, January 14, 2013

Dance

It's -16 outside and Olivia and I will not be venturing out into this freezing weathers... So, I turned on netflix and started looking for a good movie to watch. I came across ShowBoat and started thinking about how I did a dance to a song in the movie. So, one thing led to another and I was watching my dance videos from college. There are no words to express how not only does my body ache to dance but my heart aches as well.

A friend of mine posted a video that expresses the differences between  modern dancers and ballerinas and I found it incredibly funny and so true Here is the link.

Dance wasn't just a way to workout, it was way more than that. If I was having a stressful day dancing would always cheer me up and created an escape from daily trials. Dance filled my social needs too. I miss waking up at 7 in the morning and dancing till 10 at night with my friends. Every song I listen to on my iTunes makes me want to cry because I have some memory dancing to it.

It was fun watching the videos of me dancing and showing Olivia what I love. I really hope some day she finds something she loves, like I love dance.

Growing up there were a few dancers at my studio who had moms that grew up dancing at the studio we went to. I remember thinking how they were trying to relive their dancing life through their children and how they were has-beens... I lay awake at night scared to think I may one day be a dancing has-been. I don't want to dance in a class full of 16 year olds and be 30 years old, trying to keep up. I want to be the mom that never left the dancing stage and can teach those 16 year olds a thing or two about dancing. 

I am so grateful for Michael and his entrepreneurial spirits. He is always talking about our future dream home and how he is going to build me a studio so I can teach and dance till I can not dance any longer! I truly hope that is true. A dancer is who I am and what I want to be for the rest of my life. 

......Blog post interrupted to get a baby up from her nap.....

I love Olivia Anne more than dancing and before being a dancer, I am a mother and wouldn't want my life and my day to be spent any other way than playing with my sweet Livie Loo!



1 comment:

  1. I totally ate more than coffee and spinach for lunch. I can tell a modern dancer produced that :) We all miss dance once we leave, Lauren. I hope you get your studio someday!

    ReplyDelete